Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Chrome Auto's- Picks to Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanW

Dec 5, 2011
http://www.sportscardradio.com/inde...views/1098-2012-bowman-baseball-box-checklist

If you are like me, the release of Bowman's new Chrome Product is like waiting on Christmas each year. Who you guys excited about? As a Prospector of Chrome Ink --- I can't wait to get my hands on Rendon, Cole, and Darvish..

For Darvish especially I see a huge flip opportunity. The Bowman Black Autos are especially nice looking and should trade well even alot of them appear to be repeat autos.

For the guys not listed yet, who are you hoping makes it in?

I would love to get my hands on Josh Bell, Xander Bogaerts

2012 Bowman Baseball
Bowman Black Autographs
Serial Numbered #/25 - Hobby Packs Only

BBC-AR Anthony Rendon
BBC-ASI Andrelton Simmons
BBC-BH Bryce Harper
BBC-DH Danny Hultzen
BBC-FL Francisco Lindor
BBC-GC Gerrit Cole
BBC-TB Trevor Bauer
+Up To 25 Prospects+
2012 Bowman Baseball
Bowman Black Autographs
Serial Numbered #/25 - Hobby Packs Only

BBC-AR Anthony Rendon
BBC-ASI Andrelton Simmons
BBC-BH Bryce Harper
BBC-DH Danny Hultzen
BBC-FL Francisco Lindor
BBC-GC Gerrit Cole
BBC-TB Trevor Bauer
+Up To 25 Prospects+

RyanW
http://www.baseballcardprospector.com

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
RyanW said:
If you are like me, the release of Bowman's new Chrome Product is like waiting on Christmas each year.

My top 5 "waiting on Christmas" moments where prospects are concerned each year are:

5. Signing deadline for draft picks (Mid-July this year).
4. Release of Bowman Chrome.
3. Release of Bowman Draft Picks.
2. The first day of the Minor League season (exactly 3 weeks from today).
1. The first day of the MLB Draft.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I don't think there will be much quick flip opportunity for Darvish upon Bowman's release since he will have been pitching in the majors for almost 2 months at that point. Prices will start high and remain high, only to drop in the off-season.

RyanW

Dec 5, 2011
I think you might be underestimating the power of the Japanese fandom...Darvish has the entire Eastern World fixated on him.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
RyanW said:
I think you might be underestimating the power of the Japanese fandom...Darvish has the entire Eastern World fixated on him.

That's exactly why there will be ZERO opportunity for a quick flip. Prices will start off astronomical and stay there. There will be no lull in which you can buy low(er) to sell for a profit later

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
And I am eagerly waiting for the opportunity to get my hands on all of the Rendon that I can get. I decided a while back that he'll be my new PC guy and was pissed when he was left out of 2011 Bowman Draft. Since then, I've been picking up stuff that i can (hopefully) sell for a profit when the time comes and use the money to get his stuff, especially the Black auto

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
RyanW said:

There's no flip to be made unless you pull the card from a pack. His prices will start out the gate skyhigh.

We've seen this with Ichiro and Shinjo and Ishii and Hideki Matsui and Kaz Matsui and Dice-K. We know how this story will end.

RyanW

Dec 5, 2011
If he produces prices will rise from where they start. The Japan factor will start his prices high...results on the field will pull the american crowd in.

I do agree the big money will be from a pack pull.....which is why i think i may actually be buying a couple of cases this year!

RyanW

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
RyanW said:
If he produces prices will rise from where they start. The Japan factor will start his prices high...results on the field will pull the american crowd in.

I do agree the big money will be from a pack pull.....which is why i think i may actually be buying a couple of cases this year!

RyanW

The American crowd will already be in from the start. Trust me, he will be this year's equivalent of Strasburg in terms of hype (at the peak, not when Strasburg was coming thru the minors), being pimped on ESPN before and after each start. If anything, if he starts out strong and later struggles, the American crowd will abandon him, leading to a price decline. Still no flip opportunity there, but just a potential lower buy-in for a buy and hold strategy.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
RyanW said:

If that were true, I would think a lot of his 2009 WBC stuff would be selling higher.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
bradical said:
RyanW said:

If that were true, I would think a lot of his 2009 WBC stuff would be selling higher.

Especially considering it features him in the Japanese uniform.

Back on topic though, I would really, really, really like to see Vinnie Catricala have a chrome autograph. I will definitely be doing that rainbow!

Members online