Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pineda hitting 90 on the gun.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Spring........Training........

There are guys that throw 100 during the season that are throwing 91-92 right now.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
markakis8 said:

There are guys that throw 100 during the season that are throwing 91-92 right now.

I think he threw one pitch that hit 90 today.

Some are speculating that Pineda may be spending some time in AAA to start the year, as long as Freddy Garcia and Hughes are healthy.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA

burke23

Nov 12, 2010
Austin said:
markakis8 said:
No, it's not that.
GM Brian Cashman is concerned about Pineda's velocity:
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... es-yankees
Not to mention, Pineda is noticably overweight.

I don't know why a vet like cashman would worry about ST velocity one week in. Pineda has never been small, so funny he is worried about his weight now. He will be fine.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
burke23 said:
Austin said:
markakis8 said:
No, it's not that.

I don't know why a vet like cashman would worry about ST velocity one week in. Pineda has never been small, so funny he is worried about his weight now. He will be fine.

Because he showed up to camp overweight and is throwing several MPH slower than last year.

See: Phil Hughes 2011

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
burke23 said:
Austin said:
markakis8 said:
No, it's not that.

Cashman traded his top prospect for him, he came into camp 30 pounds heavier and he was hitting 96 mph at this same time last Spring Training, according to a scout at camp.
Why wouldn't the GM being concerned?
But I think when Pineda drops some of that weight, the velocity will pick up.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Growing pains of young pitchers... Big Mike will be fine but he's gonna have to learn about conditioning and nutrition. Felix went through his own fat phase before he got his act together.

On the bright side Montero has a .967 OPS in ST so far :D

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
burke23 said:
Austin said:
markakis8 said:
No, it's not that.

I AM WIlling to bet against this

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yeah but Boomo, you're always looking for negative things to say about the Yankees... how much are you willing to bet?

bowmanchromeandorr said:
maybe CC is his roommate in ST and is sharing his Cap'n Crunch

Really?

yankees%2Bpineda%2Bcc.jpg

These guys look skinnier than at least 50% of the board. I know you're thinking "I'm skinnier than CC, he weighs 290 and I weigh 250" but check it out... he's 6'8" and you're 5'8". :lol:

(And don't worry bowmanchromeandorr, I didn't mean you specifically are exactly 5'8" 250 lbs.)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
It doesn't matter if all of us weigh 500 pounds each. CC Sabathia is a fat baseball player. So is Prince Fielder. So is Miguel Cabrera. They are fat.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
RL24 said:
Yeah but Boomo, you're always looking for negative things to say about the Yankees... how much are you willing to bet?

bowmanchromeandorr said:

Really?

These guys look skinnier than at least 50% of the board. I know you're thinking "I'm skinnier than CC, he weighs 290 and I weigh 250" but check it out... he's 6'8" and you're 5'8". :lol:

(And don't worry bowmanchromeandorr, I didn't mean you specifically are exactly 5'8" 250 lbs.)

ARE THOSE SOME CEMENT JORDAN CLEATS?

DAYUM CCs got style for days.

I want those.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
RL24 said:

bowmanchromeandorr said:

Really?

nope i am specifically 6ft 185lbs, but i cant hit 90 on the gun so, i guess i wont be getting a call from cashman

Members online