Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge M's Mail Days for the Kids!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
Micah (7) and Caleb (5) say a big thank you for the free cards, Keyser Soze! They have been excited to check the mail every day, and your package exceeded their expectations. Thanks for your generosity.

20120315-009.jpg

We got these into sleeves right after this shot (no cards were damaged in the making of this photo...well maybe a few fingerprints on that sweet Peguero refractor).
20120315-022-1.jpg

You have inspired Micah, who asked me if he could put a package together for the child of a board member. Look for our thread in the coming days and be first to reply!

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Re: Huge Mail Day from Keyser Soze!

Glad they liked, they're adorable! Glad they feel led to reciprocate to other collectors, that's what our hobby should be about, one huge system of paying it forward

Erik

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI

Damn talk about an awesome mailday! I think I speak for everyone when I say we all feel that joy when we get freebies.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Good stuff. Love it when the kids are involved in the hobby.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska

tramers said:
do you have a large colection of Marineers?

I wouldn't call it large, but Micah searches eBay every day before school for new stuff, and we're adding items at a steady pace. Favorites are a BGS 9.5 UD Griffey RC, PSA 10 Score Buhner RC, PSA 10 Fleer Edgar RC, 2011 Bowman Gold Ackley auto, Leaf Griffey cut auto, Leaf Ichiro auto, Edgar auto'd baseball ("the double" inscription), Buhner auto'd bat ("Bone" inscription), Raul Ibanez GU bat, and an IP Alvin Davis auto (plus a few thousand other M's items and a bit of Pilots stuff).

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska

tramers said:
interested in a flat rate box of commons?

The boys would be excited to get them, I just won't tell mom :cool:

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

hoos said:
tramers said:
do you have a large colection of Marineers?

I wouldn't call it large, but Micah searches eBay every day before school for new stuff, and we're adding items at a steady pace. Favorites are a BGS 9.5 UD Griffey RC, PSA 10 Score Buhner RC, PSA 10 Fleer Edgar RC, 2011 Bowman Gold Ackley auto, Leaf Griffey cut auto, Leaf Ichiro auto, Edgar auto'd baseball ("the double" inscription), Buhner auto'd bat ("Bone" inscription), Raul Ibanez GU bat, and an IP Alvin Davis auto (plus a few thousand other M's items and a bit of Pilots stuff).

Sounds like the indoctrination is working perfectly. Most of their favorite cards are of players they never saw or can't remember!

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska

trevordchi said:
Sounds like the indoctrination is working perfectly. Most of their favorite cards are of players they never saw or can't remember!

Yes, you have to get them at the "what daddy thinks is cool and exciting, must be cool and exciting" stage. They've actually gotten to see Griffey play (during his second coming), and the "My Oh My" video tape gets them up to speed on the golden age of the M's:

51dJKU8nZNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009

That's awesome!

What camera did you use to take those pics?

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska

csmtampa said:

It's a Nikon D300s. I had a prime 50mm f1.4 portrait lens on it for these. These were shot at f2.8; 1/2000; ISO 200. What I know is self-taught over the last couple years, so it's hit or miss. Thanks for noticing :)

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009

hoos said:
csmtampa said:

It's a Nikon D300s. I had a prime 50mm f1.4 portrait lens on it for these. These were shot at f2.8; 1/2000; ISO 200. What I know is self-taught over the last couple years, so it's hit or miss. Thanks for noticing :)

They turned out great!

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska

Big thanks from Micah and Caleb to ffgameman for sending them some sweet Griffeys!

20120321-010.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

csmtampa said:
That's awesome!

The one he has :lol: :benson: Nice to see the smiles on their faces. So now the kids will get about 1 k in commons for this thread. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts