Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees sign Andy Pettitte!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Minor league deal. Honestly i'm really confused :?

"Yankees signed LHP Andy Pettitte to a minor league contract.
It's stunning news for a guy that didn't pitch at all in 2011 and said in the middle of last season that he was "absolutely loving being home." But, Jack Curry of the YES Network reports that Pettitte admitted three weeks ago that he was considering a comeback and has now decided to follow through with it. He'll earn $2.5 million and will work his way up through the minors initially before eventually likely bumping either Phil Hughes or Freddy Garcia from the rotation. We would guess that Hughes will probably be shifted to the bullpen since he has experience there, but the Yanks haven't revealed their concrete plans." - Rotoworld

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
So here is what Cashman is saying on the YES broadcast right now.

Pettitte called Cashman during December. Cashman offered a contract "around what he was making in 2010". He declined.

Cashman claims Andy has been throwing during the winter. When Pettitte camp to camp as an instructor he wanted back.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Re: Andy Pettitte signs with the Yankees

vwnut13 said:
Pine Tar said:
markakis8 said:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/03/yankees-sign-andy-pettitte.html?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed
Dontrelle Willis was available, if they needed a left hander, that had not effectively pitched in a few years. :p
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159539

Because a 3.28 ERA in 2010 sucked.
No, that was 2010 and it's 2012 and a leap year too ;)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Really surprised at this. I hope it goes well for him, as he should be able to pitch effectively.
I wonder if the Yankees would have made the trade for Pineda if this had happened sooner.
DANNY

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I don't understand why people are acting as if Pettitte retired 3 years ago.

Bartolo Colon had last pitched in 2009 and returned in 2011.

Pettite last pitched in 2010. He hopes to pitch in 2012.

And let's not forget, Andy was much better in 2010 than Colon was in 2009.

Members online