Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Week's Hot List is live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Great list as always. I would have to say though it is not just Evan Turner's National Treasures that are on fire but all of his RC autos. I have a feelnig we will see him back on this lsit again very soon

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
Some basketball stuff got hit pretty good yesterday/overnight because of all trade deadline moves ie. Jordan Hill & Ramon Sessions going to the Lakers :)

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
A bit of criticism, and if you don't want that then stop reading right now. Your review of the topps heritage card
in question needs clarification. Heritage now has a rich and long tradition. There are many big time collectors and many
of them enjoy the beautiful on card autograph hits that can be found of some good players and some great. Aparicio
has been in heritage for a while now. There are guys willing to pay for his cards, especially his heritage cards.

Brent opened 30+ cases of topps heritage. There were probably only 4 or 5 BETTER hits than that Aparicio. Now
think about that a moment. A case costs roughly 800 bucks. I'm not even sure if Brent even pulled one of those
cards in his 30 cases. 400 dollars doesn't seem so bad, maybe a bit high, but after all everything comes down to
earth after a while, but saying that the cards had no business selling for that much is a bit nieve on your part. Early
heritage sales are ALWAYS this high, and a beautiful, rare card of a very good player is right in line, especially when
much of the product has been watered down over the years.

I enjoy your list every week. Keep up the good work!

Kevin

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
A bit of criticism, and if you don't want that then stop reading right now. Your review of the topps heritage card
in question needs clarification. Heritage now has a rich and long tradition. There are many big time collectors and many
of them enjoy the beautiful on card autograph hits that can be found of some good players and some great. Aparicio
has been in heritage for a while now. There are guys willing to pay for his cards, especially his heritage cards.

Brent opened 30+ cases of topps heritage. There were probably only 4 or 5 BETTER hits than that Aparicio. Now
think about that a moment. A case costs roughly 800 bucks. I'm not even sure if Brent even pulled one of those
cards in his 30 cases. 400 dollars doesn't seem so bad, maybe a bit high, but after all everything comes down to
earth after a while, but saying that the cards had no business selling for that much is a bit nieve on your part. Early
heritage sales are ALWAYS this high, and a beautiful, rare card of a very good player is right in line, especially when
much of the product has been watered down over the years.

I enjoy your list every week. Keep up the good work!

Kevin

I hear what you are saying, however, my point on the Heritage card is that when you compare it to any other Aparacio, or even more broadly set of that nature (low #'d, GU, on-card auto etc.) Heritage outsells all of them - regardless of how hard it is to pull any given card. Thus, the Heritage brand is the key driver as opposed to Luis, the low #'d, the GU and so on. I did re-write my explanation to clarify it a bit.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Nice! My suggestion made #2 on the list! :D

Since Andrelton chromes are his only (non-minor league) card, it has a ton of room to grow IMO.

Members online

Latest posts