Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sunday news from industry summit (goodwin heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
First day of the conference & its about double the size of last yr.
Heres some highlights:
Goodwin previews
IMG_20120318_182450.jpg

IMG_20120318_183352.jpg

IMG_20120318_182741.jpg

IMG_20120318_182700.jpg

Trent richardson was here, all smiles
IMG_20120318_190151.jpg

Leaf mystery auto guest was carmen electra, looked real fine!
IMG_20120318_190405.jpg

Bench warmer gals
IMG_20120318_190423.jpg

Topps bowling shirts for the tourney later
IMG_20120318_190303.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Ud has a display of bugs (huge pieces these are)
IMG_20120318_175601.jpg

IMG_20120318_175608.jpg

IMG_20120318_175615.jpg

Onto some info.

Ud confirmed that 2012 will be the last yr of entomology cards. But did say animal patch cards & goodwin line will continue.
Ud couldn't say but they have something great planned to take over the bug cards. Also mentioned how the last few yrs of their baseball license they lost money due to crazy high fees.

Mark anderson from bgs said they have never been busier & that they have been getting a rise in low bv rcs.
He also said that bgs gets 1-5 fake jordan rcs A DAY!
Also confirmed that corners & centering are the subs which mean the most.

Famous fabrics coming out with all music product. One cut & 2 mem a pack (srp around $200)
IMG_20120318_170803.jpg

More to come tomorrow, now gotta go to the buffet

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Nice updates. Love the look of some of the Goodwins. Is it just me or does that Madonna card creep you out?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Oh man i LOVE those Carmen Electra autos, so sick!!! I want one of those for my PC!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

thanks for all the pics and updates!!!

Nice too that UD is moving to more bugs since sports licenses are so tough to get these days :lol:

That "great walking leaf" bug is so rad!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks for the updates. I really hope you don't mind sharing what other topics are being discussed during the conference. I hope they can get some of the issues resolved that are plaguing the hobby right now.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Thanks for posting - some neat looking stuff there.

I won't be a buyer, but I know a lot of people will gobble up that Famous Fabrics music release. I have to say that even with the caricatures, those cards are a huge improvement over the bland monotone offerings I've seen from them in the past.

And that bowling shirt is awesome - if you see one in a Large I would love to buy it from you!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hasn't been announced when black boxes get distributed.
As for the topps bowling shirt, well, its going on feebay where I expect thousands because it will be a game used item from my 300 game ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
BBCgalaxee said:
Hasn't been announced when black boxes get distributed.
As for the topps bowling shirt, well, its going on feebay where I expect thousands because it will be a game used item from my 300 game ;)
So your adding up the 4 games your going to bowl right. :lol:

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Ah cards with bugs in them and pictures of athletes in street clothes. Maybe someday we can get some info on the "relics" that are put in cards or at least something concrete about the hobby instead of "look over here at the newest shiny object!"

Sorry but the industry is making me sad at the moment. But if that's all I have to complain about, I suppose I'm doing ok :cool:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
rebelpawn said:
Ah cards with bugs in them and pictures of athletes in street clothes. Maybe someday we can get some info on the "relics" that are put in cards or at least something concrete about the hobby instead of "look over here at the newest shiney object!"

Sorry but the industry is making me sad at the moment. But if that's all I have to complain about, I suppose I'm doing ok :cool:

I agree with some of what you are saying here in that athletes in street clothes and bugs on cards are certainly not the kind of hobby many of us fell in love with back when we hoped to get a card of our favorite ball players. While I think much of this newer shiney stuff us not for me, it just forces me to look at the collection I have and re-focus on what I love. For me, this is sets from the 70's that I grew up collecting. Going after these 10 or so base Topps sets from the 70's provides a challenge and a way to relive some of my childhood without worrying about getting all 168 copies of one card of a player to complete my player collection.

Like you, I am a bit sad at the current industry but I think I have found a new respect and love for the cards of my youth and that has re-energized me for this hobby again.

Members online

Latest posts