Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Ball Boys" airs Saturday afternoon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
All In Cards said:
matchpenalty said:
Sounds like a cool show. AIC or anyone been in the shop they doing the show in.

yup, its a run down POS. they are inside a Postal USA

Been in there since they started filming? I imagine they'd have had to spruce things up

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
[quote="All In Cards":1rxus2x4]
matchpenalty said:

Been in there since they started filming? I imagine they'd have had to spruce things up[/quote:1rxus2x4]

nope because they never have anything I need.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I'm going to say it's another highly staged "reality" show like Pawn Stars. I enjoy Pawn Stars, but every single piece of that show is staged. When will there be a show that shows some real negotiations and finds? Plus all the little production tricks they use to heighten tension completely turns me off. There are a ton of examples, such as the classic fake reaction before a commercial break. Editing shouldn't work that way!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
just found the trailer

[youtube:1tdbtzit]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_Rj7EHD28&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube:1tdbtzit]

A_Pharis

I've heard that this shop isn't all that great... but of course it gets beefed up for the show.

Look at "Cajun Pawn Stars" (is it even still airing?). I lived right down the street from it - giant piece of crap building.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
All In Cards said:
matchpenalty said:

Looks like he moved or they renovated the shopping center (which only had 3 stores in it anyway). Regardless, this looks like a complete work of fiction.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Bonds73 said:
All In Cards said:
matchpenalty said:

Looks like he moved or they renovated the shopping center (which only had 3 stores in it anyway). Regardless, this looks like a complete work of fiction.

I'll check out the first couple of episodes out of curiosity. I don't think many people out there believe Pawn Stars is real but I still find it entertaining. As long as the "merchandise" is interesting I'll give it a watch

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bonds73 said:
All In Cards said:
matchpenalty said:

Nope, still on Ridgley, drove by this weekend.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
All In Cards said:
Bonds73 said:
[quote="All In Cards":2royqaq1]
matchpenalty said:

Nope, still on Ridgley, drove by this weekend.[/quote:2royqaq1]

May just be a new sign, just remember the Postal part of the sign dominated the front, the Robbie's 1st base was more of the fine print.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
"Ball Boys" is a stupid name for the show.
I thought it was about MLB teams' actual ball boys, who sit along the foul lines to grab balls.

And in the preview trailer, I like how Warren Moon, Jim Brown and Pete Rose just happen to walk into the store and act like they're old friends with the owner.
Reality shows like this, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, and Oddities piss me off because of how fake and staged they are.
Viewers are so gullable.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Has anyone seen it?
I just watched the first four episodes online. Don't really care if it's fake, it's have been entertaining and like to see the memorabilia.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Has anyone seen it?
I just watched the first four episodes online. Don't really care if it's fake, it's have been entertaining and like to see the memorabilia.

yes, I've seen the first 5 or 6 episodes. I can't stand how fake it is.

the hobby is getting a break for a few weeks - it appears ABC is favoring street ball over Ball Boys on Saturday afternoons.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
watched the 1st 2 episodes. That's all for me. I drive by the store a couple days a week and the parking lot is always empty. I never see anyone in there.

Members online