Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone see the new top rated seller requirements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
All items must have a 14 day or longer return policy? Thats insane..... and all items must have 1 day handling time.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
asw37 said:
All items must have a 14 day or longer return policy? Thats insane..... and all items must have 1 day handling time.

It is also a requirement to leave positive feedback to the buyer within six hours of payment, to send in a bubble envelope with delivery confirmation, free shipping is required, and must be sent out the next day, overnight, meaning the item must be in the buyers hands within 48 hours of payment. Further, any item over $250 requires hand delivery by the seller.

I look forward to keeping my 100% positive feedback and 4.9 to 5 star rating.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Dumb on the 14 day return policy. I can see it being for electronics or other merchandise, but not all products should be under this policy. So a player gets hot, sells for a high amount and then cools off 13 days after the item was received and they can get a refund?

Thankfully you all will have a different alternative in the next several months.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
prospectorgems said:
Dumb on the 14 day return policy. I can see it being for electronics or other merchandise, but not all products should be under this policy. So a player gets hot, sells for a high amount and then cools off 13 days after the item was received and they can get a refund?

Thankfully you all will have a different alternative in the next several months.

We will?

Where?

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Bob Loblaw said:
prospectorgems said:

We will?

Where?

In the works. More info will be provided soon. Until then we have to keep putting up with eBay's crap!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
1 day handling time is equally insane. Not everyone makes their living off of ebay - I specify 3 days to be safe and almost always have things taken care of in 2. Yet another reason I'm hoping to move a ton of my collection at this weekend's White Plains show.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
prospectorgems said:

Oh no not another one of these :lol:

they start off great, then months later you are paying twice ebays fees.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
nyc3 said:
prospectorgems said:

Absolutely not. Going to be different than any site you have ever seen. I know we will have our doubters just like you, but you all will see the proof soon enough.

Now back to hating on eBay....damn changes!

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Bob Loblaw said:
prospectorgems said:

We will?

Where?
Prospectgems is making a site, from what I here it is supposed to be the ****.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
prospectorgems said:
Bob Loblaw said:
prospectorgems said:

We will?

Where?

In the works. More info will be provided soon. Until then we have to keep putting up with eBay's crap!

just like the 100 other ebay "alternatives" that have barely any sellers and no buyers :lol: :lol:

Just bugging, i hope your alternative works out cause we really need it :cool:

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Erich said:
Bob Loblaw said:
prospectorgems said:

We will?

Where?
Prospectgems is making a site, from what I here it is supposed to be the shat.

Well, technically we are hiring someone to design the site because if I did it, it would be covered in Blue/Yellow (Brewers).

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
G $MONEY$ said:
prospectorgems said:
[quote="Bob Loblaw":3tjmxwk0]
prospectorgems said:

We will?

Where?

just like the 100 other ebay "alternatives" that have barely any sellers and no buyers :lol: :lol:

Just bugging, i hope your alternative works out cause we really need it :cool:[/quote:3tjmxwk0]

We all need it. Will get into more details later once we have our beta site up. I don't want to take away from the OP's post so I will stop posting about it.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
The 14 day return policy is no big deal. A buyer could do that at anytime before this rule came into place because the buyer always wins with paypal

1 day handling is also not a big deal, if you have time to list and sell you have time to print a label and put it in your own mailbox to be picked up.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Why does it even matter to be a top seller? I hardly ever sell on ebay, so I dont know of any advantages, but I buy a lot and could give a rats ars about the seller being "Top Rated". Just gimme a seller with a decent feedback score and if the guy has a card I want, I'll buy it.

Are there perks for top sellers?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
ASTROBURN said:
Why does it even matter to be a top seller? I hardly ever sell on ebay, so I dont know of any advantages, but I buy a lot and could give a rats ars about the seller being "Top Rated". Just gimme a seller with a decent feedback score and if the guy has a card I want, I'll buy it.

Are there perks for top sellers?

20-25 back on there pathetic fees is pretty huge when your ebay nut is 2g a month.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
prospectorgems said:
Absolutely not. Going to be different than any site you have ever seen. I know we will have our doubters just like you, but you all will see the proof soon enough.

I wish you the best and I will use your service if I can get ebay prices there. I just feel like I have heard this now 6 million times at this point (as you are fully aware of I am sure). And I fall for them every time :lol:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
prospectorgems said:
nyc3 said:
prospectorgems said:

And you wont be able to advertize it here. Just a warning.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
cgilmo said:
prospectorgems said:
nyc3 said:
prospectorgems said:

And you wont be able to advertize it here. Just a warning.

Why, it won't be an FCB competitor.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
I don't see what the big deal is if you're selling cards. People can always return a card or file a claim way after the 14-days stated. And you should be able send them off the next day(you just have to print the label). More than a few mailers fit in a standard mailbox, so no "I can't go to the PO every day excuse". And you can always schedule a pickup if you're shipping out a lot of packages.

It sucks for us that have items that are made to order. One day to ship is impossible on most of them. ::facepalm::

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
these new requirments is what is forcing me to unlaod as much stuff as possible while i stile have my 20% discount. Hate the 14 day return

Members online

Latest posts