Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Prestige AKA 2011 Absolute Part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
2012 Prestige
2012summitdayone5.jpg

2011 Absolute
3dc0173a-be12-4a21-86d2-1686c34b44da.jpg

So is Panini just not even trying to be innovative anymore?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
So where did that shield come from? There hasn't even been a Premiere yet... what NFL jersey could he have possibly worn?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If Poopnini were a person, I would ball tap them at the upcoming national.

Gellman is going to love these! It's absolute minus the foilboard. That has to be the formula to gain his favor. :mrgreen:

Slette said:
So where did that shield come from? There hasn't even been a Premiere yet... what NFL jersey could he have possibly worn?
I thought this at first, and then figured it's probably a manufactured patch, especially since it doesn't mention "worn" on the front.

If it really is from a worn jersey, I'm just disgusted. At least last year's 00 jerseys were with the right NFL team and were from the lockout, so it was excusable. If they just had him wear a few old jerseys from a bargain bin while doing a photo shoot or autograph session, well, I'm actually at a lose of words for once.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Slette said:

It is just manufactured. Just like what Topps did last year

You would think they could at least use the updated NFL logo

$(KGrHqN,!oEE8U-81(4bBPY!BkTmSg~~60_3.JPG

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Are you sure these weren't just used as some sort of promo at the Industry Summit that is currently being held in Vegas? It doesn't make much sense, unless they plan on releasing Prestige before or right after the draft, because last year and previous years they had the players NFL team on the card.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mstng99tim said:
Are you sure these weren't just used as some sort of promo at the Industry Summit that is currently being held in Vegas? It doesn't make much sense, unless they plan on releasing Prestige before or right after the draft, because last year and previous years they had the players NFL team on the card.

I'm hoping that this is the case. Otherwise this is a new all-time low for Panini in terms of laziness.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Shi Guy said:
mstng99tim said:

I'm hoping that this is the case. Otherwise this is a new all-time low for Panini in terms of laziness.

Not really. On those manufactured patch cards, they did not put team names. It it too hard to go back in the printing process and do that, I assume.

$(KGrHqFHJCsE7BcvggltBO54HfhfvQ~~60_57.JPG

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Shi Guy said:
mstng99tim said:

It's from the Industry Summit in Vegas

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
LAS VEGAS — Panini America kicked off the 2012 Industry Summit in earnest Sunday evening by partnering with Peach State Sports for a public signing with two-time college football national champion and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Trent Richardson.

The soft-spoken and engaging Richardson, projected as a top-10 pick in next month’s 2012 NFL Draft, signed one item for each registered Summit attendee and each autograph was authenticated by Panini Authentic.

Before the former University of Alabama running back signed for the public, he participated in a small private signing for Panini Authentic and Peach State Sports, during which he signed 10 special versions of a 2012 Prestige Football card that will be randomly inserted into Panini America’s Black Boxes, which will distributed later today.

The following gallery and video capture just some of the excitement from Sunday night. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for complete coverage of Panini America’s presence at the 2012 Industry Summit, including a special announcement to come later today.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012 ... more-20917

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mstng99tim said:
LAS VEGAS — Panini America kicked off the 2012 Industry Summit in earnest Sunday evening by partnering with Peach State Sports for a public signing with two-time college football national champion and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Trent Richardson.

The soft-spoken and engaging Richardson, projected as a top-10 pick in next month’s 2012 NFL Draft, signed one item for each registered Summit attendee and each autograph was authenticated by Panini Authentic.

Before the former University of Alabama running back signed for the public, he participated in a small private signing for Panini Authentic and Peach State Sports, during which he signed 10 special versions of a 2012 Prestige Football card that will be randomly inserted into Panini America’s Black Boxes, which will distributed later today.

The following gallery and video capture just some of the excitement from Sunday night. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for complete coverage of Panini America’s presence at the 2012 Industry Summit, including a special announcement to come later today.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012 ... more-20917

That's good news!

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
They do look much better than the original Absolutes.

In all reality, still pretty pissed at UD that we cant get college uniforms anymore. These airbrushed messes just dont look as cool.

Card Magnet said:
If Poopnini were a person, I would ball tap them at the upcoming national.

Gellman is going to love these! It's absolute minus the foilboard. That has to be the formula to gain his favor. :mrgreen:

Slette said:
I thought this at first, and then figured it's probably a manufactured patch, especially since it doesn't mention "worn" on the front.

If it really is from a worn jersey, I'm just disgusted. At least last year's 00 jerseys were with the right NFL team and were from the lockout, so it was excusable. If they just had him wear a few old jerseys from a bargain bin while doing a photo shoot or autograph session, well, I'm actually at a lose of words for once.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
G $MONEY$ said:
Football cards just aren't as good anymore without Upper Deck making NFL cards :cry: :cry: :cry:

QFT. I often find myself gazing longingly at some of the sharp looking products they're releasing for the NHL. Sadly, I think the writing is on the wall for the company as a whole, and I just hope their designers can find employment at Topps or Panini. Panini could certainly use an overhaul in their design department...

Members online

Latest posts