Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Wednesday - March 21, 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Good morning. It's being reported that Tebow will be traded today, most likely to the Jags or Jets. If he wants to ask the big guy upstairs for assistance (meaning Elway, of course), he should push for Jacksonville. He would crumble under the pressure of the NY fans and media.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Hi friends. The Chuck Long pick-up has me scouring for more cool Hawkeye stuff online. Sadly, I can't find squat that jumps out at me. Probably a good thing, because I have been good about not buying stuff. I see Marvin McNutt is in the new Sage set... with one of the worst looking cards ever. Leaf put Shaun Prater in their retail set, too - hopefully he can get a couple shiny cards made of him, as well.

Wow, I just bored myself with that paragraph.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all! Finally feel semi-Human and may have finally kicked this nasty Virus.

Bought my last Bulk Lot for a while, going into "SELL" mode for the next coupla months. Usually get the buying "bug" back in August or so...

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Sean Peyton suspended for the year. Saints lose a pair of second round picks.

Tebow to the Jets.

That's a flurry of news.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
GM gone 8 games.

Williams suspended indefinitely. I expected the penalties to be bigger than Spygate. This blows Spygate out of the water.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
mstng99tim said:
RITM said:
GM gone 8 games.

Williams suspended indefinitely. I expected the penalties to be bigger than Spygate. This blows Spygate out of the water.
Which is fracking RIDICULOUS!!!!!

IMO, it is but it isn't. I don't recall exactly how the Spygate investigation went down, but I don't recall it taking as long. According to reports, Peyton knew about the bounty program, and ordered members of the organization to lie about it. That sort of cover-up earns an automatic amplification of penalties. Plus, player safety is the hot topic in the league right now, and the actions resulting from this program could have ended careers. While Spygate may have, and probably did, have an effect on the outcomes of various games, the bounty program clearly had an effect on very important games, such as the NFC title game.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I think part of the suspensions has to do with liability. Considering the NFL gets pressure constantly over player safety and lawsuits over covering injury risks, they have to send a message that this is unacceptable.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
with the release of Press Pass, I am now on the hunt for red inks and inscriptions

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
deceptikon1978 said:
Anyone else sick of seeing "THANKS TOPPS" in every other thread around the boards?

You don't think it's NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! You don't find that to be WINNING?