Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joba out for the entire 2012 season....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

From Roto:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that Joba Chamberlain is likely to miss the entire 2012 season following surgery to repair an open dislocation of his right ankle.
Chamberlain, who is also coming back from Tommy John surgery, suffered the gruesome injury while playing on a trampoline with his son. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman wasn't willing to put a timetable on the righty's return, but referred to it as a "significant injury" and that he "would like to believe it's not" a career-threatening ailment. Even if it doesn't end his playing career, it's possible his Yankees career is over. Chamberlain is arbitration-eligible for the final time this winter.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees relief pitcher Joba Chamberlain suffered an open dislocation of his right ankle while playing with his son on Thursday.

Yankees Spring Training 2012

Full coverage from our team in Tampa. Yanks Center » More Top 50

"As we understand, they were at, they have these kids places where you jump on trampolines and stuff like that," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Friday.

Chamberlain had surgery on Thursday night at St. Joseph's Hospital, and is expected to remain in the hospital for several days for the injury, which resulted in an open flesh wound around the ankle.

Manager Joe Girardi was at the hospital early Friday morning, while Cashman planned to visit in the afternoon.

There was no timetable for Chamberlain's return, but Cashman labeled it a "significant injury." Chamberlain was already working his way back from Tommy John surgery last June.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
i wouldn't be laughing at this. He was playing with his kids after all. who gives a **** about what it does to his card prices or crap like that. the man was having fun with his family while he got hurt, hardly a laughing matter. go laugh at matt bush, what he did was stupid.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
A man that size has no business on a trampoline. He's putting his children's lives at risk.

Matter of fact, a grown man has no business on a trampoline. Wanna play with your kids get an xbox, Joba.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
bowmanchromeandorr said:
i wouldn't be laughing at this. He was playing with his kids after all. who gives a shat about what it does to his card prices or crap like that. the man was having fun with his family while he got hurt, hardly a laughing matter. go laugh at matt bush, what he did was stupid.

I think i had missed the humor as well...

WaxPax

bowmanchromeandorr said:
i wouldn't be laughing at this. He was playing with his kids after all. who gives a shat about what it does to his card prices or crap like that. the man was having fun with his family while he got hurt, hardly a laughing matter. go laugh at matt bush, what he did was stupid.

So laughing at at someone who injured someone else while driving drunk is ok.... ::facepalm::

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I didnt think Joba was relevant in the world of baseball anymore. Sucks that he got hurt trying to enjoy time with the fam.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Damn that sounds like it was nasty nasty nasty!! I've seen compound fractures like that before, especially in my old Airborne unit and I do know they can be a career killer..Sure hope this isnt the case this time!! :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
WaxPax said:
bowmanchromeandorr said:

So laughing at at someone who injured someone else while driving drunk is ok.... ::facepalm::

Neither is really funny.

Real men dont facepalm, they benson.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
WaxPax said:
agentjak said:
Damn that sounds like it was nasty nasty nasty!! I've seen compound fractures like that before, especially in my old Airborne unit and I do know they can be a career killer..Sure hope this isnt the case this time!! :shock: :shock: :eek: :eek:

No kidding, we need to having a barfing smiley .....

...............Hell yeah!! That sounds like a pretty cool idea..IMO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
WaxPax said:
agentjak said:

No kidding, we need to have a barfing smiley .....

emote-puke.png

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry, but I enjoy laughing at stupidity. If you're a professional athlete and get injured doing something like playing on a trampoline, you're an idiot. This is up there with Plax shooting himself (and I'm a Giants fan).

Members online

Latest posts