Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show off the Topps Tribute 2012 Inscriptions autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I sold the Castro 1/1 Inscription for $400

KGrHqFHJBkE9LHovsdBPki66nOQ60_58.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
the onyx looks awesome in hand, actually. and i dont think these will fade at all (unless it's displayed)

the gold ink rocks!

dave

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Charlie - Looks like he doubled the S in Sandy...They do look great in person though...No Museum Auto great...but they are pretty. I do have to say, they do not scan well at all.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
A really great idea from Topps (at last!): on cards autos with incriptions. For guys like Dawson, who have collector bases but tons and tons of autos out there, inscriptions are a way to add easy value to his auto cards.

I wonder how much extra Topps pays for inscriptions vs. simple autos, and I wonder if the player or a Topps rep comes up with the inscription ideas...

EDIT to add-I know that this is not a new idea, I'm just glad that Topps is doing it.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
ChasHawk said:
matchpenalty said:
And they sell for nearly triple the regular /99 autos... :shock:

Am I the only one that thinks that gold ink looks like crap, and is likely going to fade?

Not huge fan of gold. It won't fade, probably paint pen type ink. I do like it on 1/1 as it makes them stand out more.

Any idea how many of Dawson Hawk inscriptions have surfaced.

Reggie Jackson autos in tribute sell very well. On his 1/1 plates he inscribes them..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Trib ... _500wt_949

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
matchpenalty said:
ChasHawk said:
matchpenalty said:
And they sell for nearly triple the regular /99 autos... :shock:

Am I the only one that thinks that gold ink looks like crap, and is likely going to fade?

Not huge fan of gold. It won't fade, probably paint pen type ink. I do like it on 1/1 as it makes them stand out more.

Any idea how many of Dawson Hawk inscriptions have surfaced.

Reggie Jackson autos in tribute sell very well. On his 1/1 plates he inscribes them..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Trib ... _500wt_949
At least 3 or 4 of the /99 autos have been on ebay.

He has 100s of various inscriptions on his 2004 & 2005 DLP cards.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
I have the Longoria that ends tonight. I cant believe how well these are selling.