Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Elite Panik Error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
I pulled this card at the LCS this morning: Red ink on-card auto /11. Check out the *********** of the serial number. It looks to me like instead of a "/" this card was printed with a "%". It doesn't appear to be a simple printing flaw. I have checked other examples of this card on ebay, and their serials /11 don't look like this. Let me know what you think.

2011Panikred-1.jpg

2011Panikred.jpg

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
WaxPax said:
Since cards are cut from sheets, it would be interesting to see if other players from the set with the 3/11 numbering have the same issue.....

Interesting. Most of the red ink autos are /25, but some are out of various other numbers less than 25.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
That's the first time I've seen that. I used to own the Panik 1/11 version and mine was clearly serial numbered with the "/".

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Sequential numbering is done after printing and cards are cut to singles. The numbering is done by pressing lead type into a ribbon of foil, into the card. The lead may have been produced wrong or they simply used too much pressure on that particular card. While it is an error so to speak, its not something that would increase the value. It would probably negatively affect a surface grade, detracting from the value.

Members online

Latest posts