Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS Mail...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
paytonToppsRCmt.jpg

sandersDominionAtlantattitudeWarpTekmt.jpg

The Payton RC has to be one of the best deals I made paying $175 for it raw. I am also very happy with Barry grade as I love fine 9s just as much as gems.

AK11

May 24, 2010
UODucksbestcollector said:
only 175?? came back a 9 :shock: :eek:

can u say investment.......

Yeah, it comes out money wise to be my best jump in value from any card I have ever graded. My lcs owner would have slabbed it himself if I didn't buy it on the spot. He had it in his display case, but didn't realize the condition was great.

AK11

May 24, 2010
UODucksbestcollector said:
he didn't realize or u didn't realize?? :lol:

He didn't. I was the one who asked to inspect it and then he looked at it with bright wide eyes ($$$). I had no big expectations sending it in myself, thinking an 8 would be fine by me. Of course, this could be a lesson in sending cards for grading and paying full price gets the graders utmost attention lol I grade every few months and pay full price 2 or 5 day service every time and have seen pretty good results for my collection. Who knows, maybe they think I'm a dealer :lol:

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Out of curiosity, I notice that their vintage service doesn't list all of the various individual attributes and the grades they receive. Is the vintage grading process different than the modern?

AK11

May 24, 2010
Shi Guy said:
Out of curiosity, I notice that their vintage service doesn't list all of the various individual attributes and the grades they receive. Is the vintage grading process different than the modern?

Yeah they streamlined vintage grading like 5 years ago to make the label a single, final grade with no subgrades. They still use subgrades to determine the grade I believe, but they figured vintage was all about eye appeal and one single grade gave the card the condition based on its strongest subgrades.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
AK11 said:
Yeah they streamlined vintage grading like 5 years ago to make the label a single, final grade with no subgrades. They still use subgrades to determine the grade I believe, but they figured vintage was all about eye appeal and one single grade gave the card the condition based on its strongest subgrades.

Gotcha, good to know.

With all these threads from you and Zeeck I'm starting to desire a vintage RC PC...

Members online

Latest posts