Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Children's Hospital Card and Toy Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hey folks. On March 20th, my wife and I went to the Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital to drop off some stuff for the children. We bought some stuffed animals and assorted toys, plus I took around 3,000 baseball and football cards. The nurses were impressed. They said that they knew the kids would love the cards and that no one has ever brought cards up for the kids before. So then the idea hit me. Why not run a card/toy drive on the boards and do a big donation for them.

They ask that the cards be newer, within the last 5 years or so. Any sport and team is fine. Some Colts and Pacers would be nice because they are local, but anything will do. If you would like to go to the Dollar Store and pick up a couple of toys for kids that may not be interested in cards, that’s fine. Here’s a wish list from the hospital if you would like to take a look at that as well: http://peytonmanning.stvincent.org/content.aspx?p=346

I am planning on doing a large donation. If you want to donate, I’ll give you my address and you can send the items. Once I get everything in, my wife and I will take everything up there. My wife will take pictures so that we can share some photos. They may not let us interact with the children directly, but I’ll definitely have some photos of everything being delivered to the hospital.

I only want to help the kids. I will not be taking a donation slip for a tax write-off. I am not trying to get any kind of personal gain.

If you would like to participate, contact me and I will send you my address.

If you do not want to ship anything, please, check with your local children’s hospital. See if they will accept card donations. When I lived in Florida, my local hospital would not accept sports cards. If your local hospital does and you would rather donate there, absolutely no problem. This is all about brightening these kids’ days.

Thanks,
Joe

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in response. I had a golf ball size kidney stone in my left kidney. I hard surgery on March 30th and again on April 27th. So I am just now getting back in the game.

This is still active. I pushed it back a bit because some people lost my address during the board move. So if you are still interested in participating and need my address, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts