Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the top 5 autos from 2007 Donruss EEE in 5 years will be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
my vote:
1. Matt Wieters
2. Chris Davis (mostly based on print run, 1/2 as many of these as Wieters)
3. Austin Jackson (NY market, no competing topps 2007 cards)
4. Max Schezer (print run)
5. David Price

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Highest selling ones will be

Wieters
Price
Davis
Moustakas
Anderson
Heyward
top 6

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I dont think Jackson autos will be worth much of anything in 5 years..See Melky Cabrera. Heyward absolutely needs to be on the list, but its accurate other than him.

braves2008champs

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
I dont think Jackson autos will be worth much of anything in 5 years..See Melky Cabrera. Heyward absolutely needs to be on the list, but its accurate other than him.

I'm still a little surprised that they (A-Jax) are under $50 a pop right now...

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
chrome_ball said:
I think you could make a case for Jarrod Parker to be on or near the top 5 list. PR of only 499 and no Topps autos from 2007.

Parker is a good pick, but Walden is a safer bet IMO. NO other cards, period (Just doesn't count). Earliest he will have another card is in a 2009 set, two full years after his only rookie card.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
jondawg04 said:
chrome_ball said:
I think you could make a case for Jarrod Parker to be on or near the top 5 list. PR of only 499 and no Topps autos from 2007.

Parker is a good pick, but Walden is a safer bet IMO. NO other cards, period (Just doesn't count). Earliest he will have another card is in a 2009 set, two full years after his only rookie card.
I think skill counts more then anything :lol:

Parker is a far superior pitcher imo...

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
5 Year's from now I think these will be "the" top 5 from 2007 EEE:

1) J.Vitters (If he stays put with the Cubs this will be a huge card come 2014 in his 2nd or 3rd year as a pro)

2) Moustakas (I think E.Hoz will surpass Mous during/after this season so Mous will lose his "sparkle" just a bit, but this card will still shine brighter than many of 07's finest 5-year's from now!)

3) Austin Gallagher (his only "First Year" auto..."legitimate" auto at least, still very young & if brought up the correct way will be mashing for the Dodgers in the 3-spot)

4) M.Wieters (in 5 year's his price's will have settled EXTREMELY, I'm still betting this will be a pretty valuable card to have but catcher's card's do not harness the type of value once they've been in the "big's" for awhile...the catcher position is an odd one to prospect, they're great to invest in early on in the minor's because if they can hit & play decent defense they will advance quickly; once they're called up you can make a quick bundle of $$, but it's down hill from there in terms of $$)

5) Chris Davis (I'm guessing in 5 year's he'll have made 1-2 All-Star game's but the "thrill" will have far worn off as all prospect's value's seem to cool once they've made thier debut & stayed up in the major's for a bit; but this is an only "First Year" Auto & is very limited which is why I think it has "staying power" 5-year's down the line)

There are some player's I left out because my personal opinion is that they will have "fizzled out" or have "come & gone" & will no longer garner the title of "THE" top 5, five year's from now! :D

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
dchurg said:
jondawg04 said:
chrome_ball said:

How is Parker a far superior pitcher? Not saying he isn't good, just saying Walden wouldn't need to perform as much to see a huge rise in his Elites as Parker would. Parker has a Bowman Chrome rookie in addition to his Elite, whereas Walden has only an Elite. Both pitched in the MWL this year, and Walden's #'s destroyed Parker's.

studmack2004

Aug 9, 2008
dchurg said:
jondawg04 said:
chrome_ball said:

Are you kidding me? How in the world is Parker a far more superior pitcher than Walden. They both pitched in the MWL and Walden destroyed Parker in terms of numbers. I believe Walden throws a bit harder than Parker also. He has one card produced and it only has room to grow. Parker has too many cards to see a spike Walden will see. Dont get me wrong, Parker is nasty but no way is he far superior than Walden.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
studmack2004 said:
dchurg said:
jondawg04 said:
chrome_ball said:

Are you kidding me? How in the world is Parker a far more superior pitcher than Walden. They both pitched in the MWL and Walden destroyed Parker in terms of numbers. I believe Walden throws a bit harder than Parker also. He has one card produced and it only has room to grow. Parker has too many cards to see a spike Walden will see. Dont get me wrong, Parker is nasty but no way is he far superior than Walden.
Walden only has one pitch that is even average, his fastball which is above average, but still only one pitch. His slider is inconsistent and is very much a work in progress. His changeup is rarely shown.

Parker on the other hand has a FB that is very comparable to Waldens (they both sit in the same range however Walden tops out at a higher speed) Parker also throws an above average slider AND curveball along with an average change..
Also parkers delivery and make-up both receive high praise from scouts...

Parker has 4 average or better pitches right now
Walden has 1 right now

Parker is ready to advance a level this year, Walden will get beat up if he does unless he develops better secondary stuff over the off-season...

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
dchurg said:
studmack2004 said:
dchurg said:
jondawg04 said:
chrome_ball said:

Walden only has one pitch that is even average, his fastball which is above average, but still only one pitch. His slider is inconsistent and is very much a work in progress. His changeup is rarely shown.

Parker on the other hand has a FB that is very comparable to Waldens (they both sit in the same range however Walden tops out at a higher speed) Parker also throws an above average slider AND curveball along with an average change..
Also parkers delivery and make-up both receive high praise from scouts...

Parker has 4 average or better pitches right now
Walden has 1 right now

Parker is ready to advance a level this year, Walden will get beat up if he does unless he develops better secondary stuff over the off-season...

Not even worth arguing. Your mind is made up, and obviously you think you know more than everybody else.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
I can't see how Chris Davis will not be the highest selling card from this set if he continues to play like he did last season.He put up good numbers plus he has a small print run and it was a redemption. Wieters did have impressive numbers last year but it was in the Minors. Need to see him play in the league first to see if it will be a smooth transition because the hype machine on him right now is ridiculous.

Members online