Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody with any extra cash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
...and for those who want to spend a little less, Memory Lane will have a PSA 2 in their upcoming auction....looks like a beater to me :lol: :lol:

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/03/mem ... us-wagner/

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/t2 ... l-auction/

Wagner.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Well Megamillions is up to $363M, according to the billboard outside my office that taunts me every day. I might have to buy a ticket or two. If I hit it, I'll go Wossa on that auction.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
smapdi said:
Well Megamillions is up to $363M, according to the billboard outside my office that taunts me every day. I might have to buy a ticket or two. If I hit it, I'll go Wossa on that auction.
Had the same thought... If I hit it, this card will be mine :cool:

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
According to Mr. Goodwin the card came from a well known Houston area collector that has a collection that will blow peoples minds if ever fully liquidated. He told me that this collection has been known for many years but finally pieces are being liquidated. The Plank and Magie are also from the same collection. Seller is very aware of the value and yes the collection is mostly ungraded, Bill got these graded I believe.

If you don't think the PSA 8 Wagner is legit, this might be the best Wagner out there.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
morgoth said:
According to Mr. Goodwin the card came from a well known Houston area collector that has a collection that will blow peoples minds if ever fully liquidated. He told me that this collection has been known for many years but finally pieces are being liquidated. The Plank and Magie are also from the same collection. Seller is very aware of the value and yes the collection is mostly ungraded, Bill got these graded I believe.

If you don't think the PSA 8 Wagner is legit, this might be the best Wagner out there.
I guess this brings me to a new discussion but I'm curious why some collectors don't think the PSA graded 8 Wagner is legit? I mean I get the "too good to be true" but don't you think PSA would do ALL of their homework possible before grading a card which some respect as the "holy grail" of card collecting? I'm not saying I believe it but just curious what some other people's takes are on this. (maybe point me to a thread where this was discussed?)

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
There are several people (and a book about it) that believe that the PSA 8 Wagner was cut from a strip.

mansgame said:
morgoth said:

I guess this brings me to a new discussion but I'm curious why some collectors don't think the PSA graded 8 Wagner is legit? I mean I get the "too good to be true" but don't you think PSA would do ALL of their homework possible before grading a card which some respect as the "holy grail" of card collecting? I'm not saying I believe it but just curious what some other people's takes are on this. (maybe point me to a thread where this was discussed?)

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sean_C said:
There are several people (and a book about it) that believe that the PSA 8 Wagner was cut from a strip.

mansgame said:
morgoth said:

Interesting. I guess I'll have to track down a copy of this book.

*edit - I just bought the book for $2 on amazon. Thanks guys.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i have an investment opportunity if anyone wants to get in and has extra cash. just let me know and i can pm you what high end kitchen knives i have for sale