Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pawn Shop Raiders Team Signed Helmet Find! Value??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Took a walk over to the Pawn Shop near my school after class the other day. They usually have some cool sports stuff every now and then and I saw this helmet immediately. The sign in front of it said it was a "1972 team signed helmet". The owner pointed out Fred Bilitnikoff and Ted Hendricks plus Mervyn Fernandez on another side. I recognized one name right away: Jerry Rice. I asked to see it and told him that Rices autograph was on the helmet to which he replied, "No way, that is not his signature." I told him that I would take it right away. When I got it home I started looking closer and realized that this is actually a 2002 Super Bowl team signed helmet! Rich Gannon is at the top, Charles Woodson etc and obviously Jerry Rice! I cant figure out how the older guys got on it, although I did see Bilitnikoff was the WR coach that year so he makes sense. Not sure about Fernandez and Ted Hendricks though. Any ideas? Iv always wanted something nice of Rice and I think I got a good deal. Should I have it authenticated? Any ideas on value? Any input is appreciated.

2012-03-28013950.jpg

2012-03-28014027.jpg

2012-03-28014015.jpg

2012-03-28014050.jpg

2012-03-28014109.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
That's a very nice piece! No clue on value.

Those signatures might not have all been obtained at the same time, so whoever got it signed might have gotten Hendricks at a separate time. Some guys bring the same helmet to multiple functions over the course of years to fill it up with autos.

Or maybe the Raiders had some kind of function or charity auction and had some of their legends sign as well. Or even NFL Shop could have produced it. Who knows? Regardless, damn fine piece.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Card Magnet said:
That's a very nice piece! No clue on value.

Those signatures might not have all been obtained at the same time, so whoever got it signed might have gotten Hendricks at a separate time. Some guys bring the same helmet to multiple functions over the course of years to fill it up with autos.

Or maybe the Raiders had some kind of function or charity auction and had some of their legends sign as well. Or even NFL Shop could have produced it. Who knows? Regardless, damn fine piece.

Thanks man! I saw a similair helmet on Ebay and the person said the helmet was passed around the locker room and once I saw that Bilitnikoff was coaching that year I figured Fernandez and Hendricks might have been there too. Like you said though, they could have signed it at any time. I also think there are a few additional signatures that I cannot identify as the numbers dont match up with any players from 2002.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Wow nice piece. I know Freddy B coached the WR but I know Hendricks did not although the old Raiders are always around the facility so Im sure as was said before they just added these guys after the fact or possibly even before. If you ever get it authenticated and want to move it let me know.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
SilverandBlack said:
Wow nice piece. I know Freddy B coached the WR but I know Hendricks did not although the old Raiders are always around the facility so Im sure as was said before they just added these guys after the fact or possibly even before. If you ever get it authenticated and want to move it let me know.

Thank u! Do you have any idea how to go about authenticating this? Do I just want the Rice authenticated? Im not even sure who some of the players are, do authentication services identify autographs?

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Honestly the helmet will most likely cost you more to authenticate than what you paid for it. If you want pm me a bunch of pics and I can most likely identify the autos for you

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
yeah, wow... $200 and an attitude when I asked questions, I didn't get it done today.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Nice Helmet!! From the autos i see they all look authentic!

What did u pay??

Thank u! I paid $199 and tax so it came to like $212.50.

Members online

Latest posts