Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Attn eBay sellers:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
When you ship a $90 card... buy delivery confirmation.

...received one yesterday in a simple bubble envelope w/ no confirmation. I have to believe that at least 20% of the eBayers I come across would open a Paypal claim immediately as "not received"...

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Bob Loblaw said:

...received one yesterday in a simple bubble envelope w/ no confirmation. I have to believe that at least 20% of the eBayers I come across would open a Paypal claim immediately as "not received"...

If you are an eBay seller and not using DC on everything, you are nuts. Too many bad people out there. Especially when it is such a minimal cost when printing your own labels.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The "dad" side of me wants to teach this guy a lesson, open a claim, then close it a few hours later and advise him that if I was unethical, I'd get my money back. From now on, use DC!

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
bigpops65 said:
Bob Loblaw said:

If you are an eBay seller and not using DC on everything, you are nuts. Too many bad people out there. Especially when it is such a minimal cost when printing your own labels.

I use DC on everything as a seller (even $1 cards, just for peace of mind for both parties), but as a buyer I'm surprised by the amount of sellers that DON'T use DC, even for mid-high end sales ($50-$80). Some will even insure the packages, but not buy tracking. Go figure.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Call me lazy, or call me smart, but no matter what the card, I always ship with DC. Even the cheap stuff. I'd rather not write out a label or stick on stamps and I certainly have no desire to actually set foot in a Post Office, it's just so much easier to print out a label through ebay/paypal.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Call me lazy, or call me smart, but no matter what the card, I always ship with DC. Even the cheap stuff. I'd rather not write out a label or stick on stamps and I certainly have no desire to actually set foot in a Post Office, it's just so much easier to print out a label through ebay/paypal.

But Sadsburyville is SOOOOO efficient... :lol:

and yeah, I preach so much about PP shipping I feel I should get a cut from them. :lol:

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
jbhofmann said:
Attn eBay buyers: Don't send cash in an envelope. I had a buyer do this for a +$50 card last week.

hahaha...aw the good 'ole days when i started on Ebay, and 1/3 of my payments came in the mail in the form of cash. I think the most was in the $40-$50 range if i remember right. You'd also get those coins, hopefully taped to something not loose.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Because I collect uniquely-numbered cards, I always ask the seller to use delivery confirmation both in Paypal payment and eBay messages. Such cards can't be replaced.

One seller chose to ignore my request and sent me the 09 Americana Hollywood Legends Super Stars jumbo swatch of Edward G Robinson #ed 1/1 unprotected in a bubble mailer...no top loader...no reinforcement of any kind...and she did not use delivery confirmation. I paid $275 for it...can you believe that? Miraculously, it arrived damage-free.

Some sellers just don't...care. ::facepalm::

WaxPax

Some sellers just want to do things on the cheap and not pay the DC fee...Could be a tough lesson to be learned....Not only do I DC everything as well, anything +$25 gets insured up to the top of the insurance fee tier. Meaning a $25 card cost the same as a $49.99 card to insure, so I insure it for the $49.99 amount...

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Bob Loblaw said:

...............I can top this one just recently as well..Got one about 3 weeks ago that I got for alittle over $3 bills, couldnt believe it when it arrived with no DC#, no signature confirmation, no insurance..Nothing..just cant believe any seller wouldnt protect themselves in someway..For me, what a complete idiot for him doing so!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
WaxPax said:
Some sellers just want to do things on the cheap and not pay the DC fee...Could be a tough lesson to be learned....Not only do I DC everything as well, anything +$25 gets insured up to the top of the insurance fee tier. Meaning a $25 card cost the same as a $49.99 card to insure, so I insure it for the $49.99 amount...

The problem is, people that use bubble mailers but don't use DC may be paying MORE than those that do!

If you go to the Post Office, you will pay $1.95 for a three ounce bubble mailer, and $0.75 for DC. Paypal Shipping with DC is $1.64

$1.64 > $2.70

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
vwnut13 said:
WaxPax said:

The problem is, people that use bubble mailers but don't use DC may be paying MORE than those that do!

If you go to the Post Office, you will pay $1.95 for a three ounce bubble mailer, and $0.75 for DC. Paypal Shipping with DC is $1.64

$1.64 > $2.70
Really
I think $1.64 < $2.70

;)

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
To this may I add, seller it is best to buy insurance on cards at $100 or more... seems those sent w/o ins tend to have damage claims and other assorted issues that w/ insurance (for what ever reason) seems to eliminate.

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
A while back, I got a card in, was mailed with DC, but weeks later and even later then that, if you checked to see if it had been delivered, it still said it was leaving so an so. I could've filed a claim if I was shady, but I left feedback. I started to msg the seller and tell him he was lucky the card went to someone honest.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
WaxPax said:
It's free... ::facepalm:: :lol:

Members online