Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Metal and BGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Appears some have already been grading Leaf Metal and early results are excellent.

[phil:1sgmv83c]280851964846[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Griffin BGS 9.5 Auto
[phil:1sgmv83c]150784690675[/phil:1sgmv83c] - LaMichael James Purple Auto 9.5
[phil:1sgmv83c]160770072721[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Barry Sanders Leaf Metal Auto /50 BGS 10
[phil:1sgmv83c]150784690422[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Dorial Green Beckham Leaf Metal Auto /25 BGS 10
[phil:1sgmv83c]160770072735[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Luck Prismatic /99 BGS 10
[phil:1sgmv83c]160770072742[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Luck Blue Prismatic /25 BGS 10
[phil:1sgmv83c]170811441218[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Richardson Purple Auto /25 BGS 9.5
[phil:1sgmv83c]150784690467[/phil:1sgmv83c] - Griffin Purple Auto /25 BGS 9.5

I bet those things really pop in the slabs in person.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Just like last year, I don't get why anyone would pay a premium on grading in this set. Since the cards are packaged in top loaders, I cannot see there being many low grades.

I have seen people mention this with Valiant baseball how the BGS grades are not bring the premiums they usually command.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Brad said:
Just like last year, I don't get why anyone would pay a premium on grading in this set. Since the cards are packaged in top loaders, I cannot see there being many low grades.

I have seen people mention this with Valiant baseball how the BGS grades are not bring the premiums they usually command.

Two things.

#1 - part of the reason valiant isn't doing much is because one seller is consistently auctioning them off - slabs are not best sold at auction.

#2 - in spite of the toploaders like you say, surface issues can still happen a lot with these cards.

That being said, people aren't paying much extra - [phil:1vw8kgf2]160770072498[/phil:1vw8kgf2] - this Gunner Kiel blue sold for less than they usually do raw.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
masonphillip said:
Brad said:

Two things.

#1 - part of the reason valiant isn't doing much is because one seller is consistently auctioning them off - slabs are not best sold at auction.

#2 - in spite of the toploaders like you say, surface issues can still happen a lot with these cards.

That being said, people aren't paying much extra - [phil:29s6xrxm]160770072498[/phil:29s6xrxm] - this Gunner Kiel blue sold for less than they usually do raw.

Valiant and Metal still had major surface issues, especially dimpling, plus I noticed lots of issues with edges on Valiant. Those are production issues, not in package damage, and that seems to be overlooked. And Phil is correct, the guy selling off Valiant and Metal slabs for next to nothing graded about 20 cases of Valiant and at least 10 cases of Metal...he kinda flooded the market, but his approach, as odd as it was, was that with the number of 10's he expected to see, they would be the profit margin where the 9.5's would simply be a wash. I don't get it exactly, but that was his approach.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
masonphillip said:
Brad said:

Two things.

That being said, people aren't paying much extra - [phil:2ctrzupq]160770072498[/phil:2ctrzupq] - this Gunner Kiel blue sold for less than they usually do raw.

Valiant and Metal still had major surface issues, especially dimpling, plus I noticed lots of issues with edges on Valiant. Those are production issues, not in package damage, and that seems to be overlooked. And Phil is correct, the guy selling off Valiant and Metal slabs for next to nothing graded about 20 cases of Valiant and at least 10 cases of Metal...he kinda flooded the market, but his approach, as odd as it was, was that with the number of 10's he expected to see, they would be the profit margin where the 9.5's would simply be a wash. I don't get it exactly, but that was his approach.

I'm thinking he didn't make money with that approach...

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
masonphillip said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
masonphillip said:
Brad said:

Two things.

That being said, people aren't paying much extra - [phil:39fccoqa]160770072498[/phil:39fccoqa] - this Gunner Kiel blue sold for less than they usually do raw.

I'm thinking he didn't make money with that approach...

Based upon my last batch of cards from BGS...I won't be making money from that approach either. OUCH!

Members online

Latest posts