Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ozzie Smith experts?? Autograph legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
What do you guys think of this one? Saw it on completed. Like the card, but I don't like that autograph. Any opinions??

$(KGrHqN,!okE8YD1sj34BPJhzzlk+Q~~60_12.JPG

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Not necessarily. I've seen a bunch of back doored fakes. Pujols. Hank Aaron. Will Clark. Lot of the unsigned ones leaked into the market well after the product was released. Was thinking this Ozzie might be another.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
clarkfan said:
What do you guys think of this one? Saw it on completed. Like the card, but I don't like that autograph. Any opinions??

$(KGrHqN,!okE8YD1sj34BPJhzzlk+Q~~60_12.JPG

I stayed far away....the flow and size of the letters concerned me. The wizard part is much different when compared to the UD nicknames.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Stay away! Not only does his signature look off but "the Wizard" looks off to me as well.
I have several IP autographs and I wouldn't buy it.

One of mine:

newcamera805.jpg

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Throwing all logic out the window, it looks more like a mock up / promo card [like the ones on sell sheets] with a facsimile autograph [that may or may not be the player's] as opposed to a real autograph card.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
devin said:
its a cert so im gonna say real

Here is what I mean by backdoored unsigned ones. I've seen the Pujols signed as well, just can't find a picture of it. Thanks guys for confirmation on the Ozzie. It wasn't mine, so I didn't get taken, but I like to save scans and gather info on the fake cards out there and was pretty sure the Ozzie fit the bill.

pujols_unreleased.jpg

willie_mays_f3.jpg

Edit: Found an Aaron with questionable signature too:

$(KGrHqFHJDME8f-0us36BPK)-I6!Cw~~60_12.JPG

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't like that Aaron whatosever

clarkfan said:
devin said:
its a cert so im gonna say real

Here is what I mean by backdoored unsigned ones. I've seen the Pujols signed as well, just can't find a picture of it. Thanks guys for clarification on the Ozzie. It wasn't mine, so I didn't get taken, but I like to save scans and gather info on the fake cards out there and was pretty sure the Ozzie fit the bill.

pujols_unreleased.jpg

willie_mays_f3.jpg

Edit: Found an Aaron with questionable signature too:

$(KGrHqFHJDME8f-0us36BPK)-I6!Cw~~60_12.JPG

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Oh yeah, I think the Aaron is junk. I wish I could find the scan of the Pujols. It looks nearly as bad. I've actually seen a couple different Aaron's floating around. They still sell for big bucks, but I don't always blame the seller. In some cases, both the buyer and seller of these cards are unaware.