Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much would you pay for a game used bat of your player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Just curious what you guys did or would pay for a game used bat autographed of the player you collect.
I have a chance at a game used m110 uncracked with plenty of use and it's autographed and authenticated but not sure what they generally sell for.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
If it was in my budget, I would pay $500+ for a Killebrew used/auto'ed bat.
Torii Hunter I would probably pay $100-$200

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
A couple of years ago, my father bought me an Adam Dunn game used rookie year bat for my 31st birthday. It is not autographed and it was around $300 total with shipping fees. Bat is authenticated and is one of my favorite items in my collection.

If I had the money, I would buy more. For Adam Dunn, they generally seem to be around $200-250. Maybe that helps a little.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I'll go around a $100 for a non-yankees bat. Maybe a little more if it's photo matched or an HR bat.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
muskiesfan said:
A couple of years ago, my father bought me an Adam Dunn game used rookie year bat for my 31st birthday. It is not autographed and it was around $300 total with shipping fees. Bat is authenticated and is one of my favorite items in my collection.

If I had the money, I would buy more. For Adam Dunn, they generally seem to be around $200-250. Maybe that helps a little.
Joe you need to come up to Chi-Town and get that bat signed by him. unfortunately he has not had any charity events where he would sign stuff here in the area though

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Depends on the player and the quality of the bat.. Is it cracked? Does it have pine tar? etc...

These are around $400-$450

bats.jpg

I also picked up a Franklin Gutierrez GU bat for $75 when he was traded to Seattle..

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Pinbreaker said:
Depends on the player and the quality of the bat.. Is it cracked? Does it have pine tar? etc...

These are around $400-$450

bats.jpg

I also picked up a Franklin Gutierrez GU bat for $75 when he was traded to Seattle..

its not cracked and shows good use with pine tar and the handle is taped, it also has his name and the team nmae engraved into it and its signed in silver pen on a black bat with the year on it too. hes a young and upcoming star in his first full season.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I paid $25.00 for this one. I wish it wasnt cracked, bc I would use it. I cant get the C271L anywhere, just the normal C271, I like this model a lot better. I am looking for a Renteria bat as well, but I wouldnt pay a lot for it.
DSC_0740-1.jpg

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
If it had solid certification,$700-$1,000.Griffey bats don't come cheap,unfortunately.I had a chance to buy a bat he used in BP for $100,but it had no cert's,not even a name tag on the barrel,so it was a easy "no thanks".

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Minor league bats are worth less than MLB bats as a general rule.
From a cost standpoint it is completely dependent on the player
from my collection:
David Justice:: 130- Braves, 250- Yankees 75- indians 100- Oakland
Kris Medlen: 50
Jeff Francoeur- 150
Billy Butler - 100
Brian McCann - 250
Martin Prado - 150

Other sales I have seen Chipper will run 500 or more.

SO really it is all dependent on who it is.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
I have had a Pete Rose game used bat in my collection since I was about 10 years old. My parents bought it for me as a Christmas present in 1983 or 1984. Not sure what they paid, but I am sure it was a lot cheaper than what they would go for now.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
value is in the authenticity. MLB authenticated bats sell for the most. Use and player characteristics on bat is also very important, the more the better. Cracked to me is the best. Go and look at as many photos of player using bats. Know what they use and how they prep the bats. Pine tar/tape ect...A photo match is golden, but most card collectors have no idea what a photo match is. Read up on it on a game used site.

Don't ever waste your money on generic minor league bats. Even if it's signed game used used by player. A lot of dealers get used/cracked minor league pro model bats and have players sign them then sell them as game used by them. Don't be an idiot and fall for that.

Members online