Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs Acquire BOGAERTS to Finalize Theo Compensation Deal!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Cubs, Red Sox Finalize Epstein Compensation
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [March 29 at 1:12pm CST]
After a months-long wait, the Cubs and Red Sox have finalized the compensation for Theo Epstein. The Red Sox sent 19-year-old prospect Jair Bogaerts to the Cubs to complete the deal, MLB.com's Carrie Muskat reports.

The Cubs sent relievers Chris Carpenter and Aaron Kurcz to Boston as compensation for Epstein earlier in the offseason. Carpenter will undergo elbow surgery, but the Cubs say the operation wasn't caused by a pre-existing condition. “It’s certainly something we had no knowledge of,” GM Jed Hoyer said, according to Muskat. “I don’t think he had any elbow issues for the last two years. It’s unexpected and unfortunate."

Bogaerts completed his second pro season in 2011. The first baseman posted a .288/.387/.404 line in 186 plate appearances in the Dominican Summer League. He is the brother of top Red Sox prospect Xander Bogaerts.

(Yes I know, I'm 3 days early.) :cool:

braden

Aug 7, 2008
So the ****** Chris Carpenter was traded for the ****** Bogaerts.

Kind of a fitting end to this whole ridiculous affair.

(Though it was hilarious at first: "Castro! No, maybe Garza! No, maybe the Cubs take on Lackey and give up Jackson!")

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
braden said:
So the ****** Chris Carpenter was traded for the ****** Bogaerts.

Kind of a fitting end to this whole ridiculous affair.

(Though it was hilarious at first: "Castro! No, maybe Garza! No, maybe the Cubs take on Lackey and give up Jackson!")

To top it off, the ****** Chris Carpenter is having Elbow issues again.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
miguelcabrera said:
YES carpenter should be our number 1 starter, he was great for the cards over the years. great job on this one overall!

Ummm...Joke?

Its not THAT Chris Carpenter...

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Oh, and by the way, Jaypers...

I typically enjoy your posts. This headline, however, nearly caused me to soil myself. Please do not do that again. ;)

Members online

Latest posts