Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you get rid of boxes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
I have SO MANY CARDS that just sit in the garage and collect dust. I'm talking the big 5 row boxes and they have nothing in it but cards from the 70's through 2000-whatevers and I don't find anything worth putting on eBay. Yeah, there's Griffey, Jeter, Thomas, etc in all of the boxes but I don't know what to do with them. They don't sell but they DO take up space.

Just wondering what you guys do. I can't just throw them away like I've been told by others...looking for past experiences.

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
im having the same problem. my plan is to break them up into team lots and sell or trade them. Id be interested in taking the Tigers (or any other detroit teams) off your hands if you want to part them out. Id be willing to trade some of my junk for them too.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Put them into team bags sorted or unsorted and hand them out on Halloween. Even donate to hospital and schools too :) Heck...you could probably invest some time into values of them so you can get the tax deduction for the donations at the end of the year :cool:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I make my own packs and sell them for $1 each take 25 commons put a star card on each side of a graded sleeve bag and bam there you go. takes time but its a great way to make some money back off commons. I also make hot packs as well out of the same packs but just throw in an auto or jersey card and sell for $3 each most are only $2-$5 cards but I throw in some nice ones too $15-$30.
IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
As others have said, donate them. I send mine with my mom to the hospital she works at. She sends them to the pediatric unit. I imagine there is nothing better for a sick kid than to dig through a box of cards.. well outside of getting better.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's funny people say they can't sell commons yet people like me go and spend 100's at a time on a place like sportlots on...you guessed it...commons. Chances are you even have cards I need and am willing to pay you for. Right now.The key question is...is your time worth so much to you that while sitting on the couch watching television...you can't add stuff to sportlots or seperate these by sets and ask members here if they need anything from the sets at like 10 cents a card, minimum $5.00 order? If you feel your time is too valuable, I can't help you. But apparently you are making money from watching your telelvision?

J/K. :p

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
predatorkj said:
It's funny people say they can't sell commons yet people like me go and spend 100's at a time on a place like sportlots on...you guessed it...commons. Chances are you even have cards I need and am willing to pay you for. Right now.The key question is...is your time worth so much to you that while sitting on the couch watching television...you can't add stuff to sportlots or seperate these by sets and ask members here if they need anything from the sets at like 10 cents a card, minimum $5.00 order? If you feel your time is too valuable, I can't help you. But apparently you are making money from watching your telelvision?

Entering 10 base sets of 2007 SP Authentic Baseball now.... NOT.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
bozemanbreaker said:
predatorkj said:

Entering 10 base sets of 2007 SP Authentic Baseball now.... NOT.

Not like it would hurt you, you only pay fees on what sells.

thejackaryman8

Sep 11, 2008
Mesa, Arizona
tramers said:
I have 300,000 cards by team in alphabethal order !!!!! Who do you need :D

When you organize players do you separate them by the team the player is pictured with...or do you follow him through trades? Let's say I have cards of Delmon Young...or someone that may be listed as a common card. Do you put him with the Twins because that's who he's pictured with on the card...or the Rays for that matter...or do you put him in with the Tigers?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
zachary.lucy said:
tramers said:
I have 300,000 cards by team in alphabethal order !!!!! Who do you need :D

When you organize players do you separate them by the team the player is pictured with...or do you follow him through trades? Let's say I have cards of Delmon Young...or someone that may be listed as a common card. Do you put him with the Twins because that's who he's pictured with on the card...or the Rays for that matter...or do you put him in with the Tigers?
By team in photo , i hate traded -both shown on front most of those i donate

Latest posts