Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Performances Thread 4/5 (Opening Day)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's the most wonderful time of the year. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All leagues begin play today, save for the Carolina League, which begins tomorrow.

Lots of great pitching on tap.

Today's notable SPs (tentatively) include:

Jonathan Pettibone (AA debut)
Grayson Garvin (Pro Debut)
Taylor Jungmann (Pro Debut)
Mike Foltynewicz
Dylan Bundy (Pro Debut)
Alex Cobb
Felix Sterling
Drew Hutchison
Allen Webster
Trevor Bauer
Wily Peralta
Tyrell Jenkins (Low-A Debut)
Chris Dwyer vs. Jarred Cosart
Nestor Molina (White Sox Org Debut)
Paul Clemens
Edwar Cabrera (AA debut) vs. Juan Oramas
Justin Grimm
Zach Lee (High-A Debut)
Garrett Richards (AAA debut)
Joe Wieland (AAA debut)
David Holmberg
Tyler Matzek
John Stilson (Pro Debut)
Archie Bradley (Pro Debut)
Christian Friedrich (AAA debut)
Matt Harvey (AAA debut)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Incidently, Milb.com now has a cool new search feature. As you start typing in a player's surname in the field at the top, a suggestion list pulldown menu pops up, which contains players' pictures, names and assignments!

Good times.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
BA is posting their Roster Roundups today, which tells where each farm system's notable prospects will be starting, in case you aren't sure.

Link: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/mi ... 13227.html

Edit - here's an interesting note, from the Cubs' system:

The Cubs may have more high-priced talent in extended spring training than any club. All four of their seven-figure bonus babies from the 2011 draft (Baez, RHP Dillon Maples, 1B Dan Vogelbach, OF Shawon Dunston Jr.) are there, as is $6 million Cuban LHP Gerardo Concepcion.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Is there a way to "watch" certain players? You used to be able to do it, but I think it was based on saved cookies, so the list was constantly being erased. I like to make a list of guys I watch for fantasy or collecting purposes, but I no longer see the ability to do it. Am I missing something?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:benson: At least it's not considered serious.

Christian Yelich Will Start Season On DL

Posted Apr. 5, 2012 10:44 am by Conor Glassey
Filed under: News

The Miami Marlins’ top prospect, outfielder Christian Yelich, will start the season on the disabled list after being hit in the right elbow by a bat while he was waiting on-deck during a spring training game.

The elbow is swollen, but not broken, and Yelich is expected to miss the first week or two of the season.

Yelich had a breakout campaign last year for Greensboro, hitting .312/.388/.484 with 15 home runs and 32 stolen bases, ranking as the No. 41 prospect on Baseball America’s Top 100 list. When healthy, Yelich will head to high Class A Jupiter.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Glad the MiLB Daily Thread is back! Here's to Jungmann starting off on the right foot. I am tired of watching the Brewer's 1st round SP picks flop year after year.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Crewfan82 said:
Glad the MiLB Daily Thread is back! Here's to Jungmann starting off on the right foot. I am tired of watching the Brewer's 1st round SP picks flop year after year.

JP, I believe Taylor Jungmann is making his MILB debut this evening for the Brevard County Manatees against Daytona Cubs

Jed Bradley I believe starts the 3rd game for BC Manatees(Sea Cows)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Exposfan said:
Crewfan82 said:

JP, I believe Taylor Jungmann is making his MILB debut this evening for the Brevard County Manatees against Daytona Cubs

Jed Bradley I believe starts the 3rd game for BC Manatees(Sea Cows)

He's already on the list in the OP.

BTW, Harper doubled in his first AAA AB. :mrgreen:

EDIT - and singled in his 2nd AB.

Members online