Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Marlins Stadium = Petco East

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I watched the game last night.

If the game was played in another other stadium (other than Petco) Stanton would have 3 HR already. He absolutely blasted 3 of his 4 ABs to center or right-center.

With center playing at 418 feet with a 20+ foot tall wall, with the roof and windows open, you are going to need a 450+ shot just to clear the fence.

Going to be an uphill climb for that 50 HR season for Stanton.

WaxPax

bradical said:
I watched the game last night.

If the game was played in another other stadium (other than Petco) Stanton would have 3 HR already. He absolutely blasted 3 of his 4 ABs to center or right-center.

With center playing at 418 feet with a 20+ foot tall wall, with the roof and windows open, you are going to need a 450+ shot just to clear the fence.

Going to be an uphill climb for that 50 HR season for Stanton.

...and after 2 or 3 years of Stanton hitting 20 HR's on the road and 8 at home, they will lower the fences and move them in a la Citi field....

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Giancarlo will figure it out. Pull it at home, use the rest of the field on teh road. Kid is scary good.

Also, that's a sweet photo in your sig Bradical. Very cool.

I take ones like that when i can.

Have Fielder & Weeks from AA, and Heyward and Freeman from Low A.