Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hall of Famers Chrome autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Which players who have Bowman Chrome autos do you think will make it to the Hall of Fame?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Obviously Pujols is in. Beyond him I am not sure that there is anyone I would say is a HOF with great confidence.

Of the players who have played long enough to even venture to guess:

Joe Mauer (8 seasons, 4 AS games, 3 GG, , 3 batting titles, 1 MVP from behind the plate)
Ryan Braun (5 seasons, 4 AS games, 4 SS awards, 1 MVP)
Brian McCann (7 full seasons, 6 AS games, 5 SS awards)

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I don't know its tough to say as many of the players are on track to hall of fame careers but are still relatively young.

Pujols, McCann, Braun, and Verlander jump out on me, but guys like Kershaw, Kemp, Longoria, and Upton have potential.

I know I am missing a ton of guys. I created this thread to get your guys opinions.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
CubsFan13 said:
I don't know its tough to say as many of the players are on track to hall of fame careers but are still relatively young.

Pujols, McCann, Braun, and Verlander jump out on me, but guys like Kershaw, Kemp, Longoria, and Upton have potential.

I know I am missing a ton of guys. I created this thread to get your guys opinions.

As mentioned in my post above, most players are way, way too young to tell. Guys like Kershaw and Lincecum look great, but they certainly have been no better than Doc Gooden was his first few seasons. Verlander is one whose been around long enough to warrant mention IMO (though I had forgotten him) but even he has only recently passed 100 wins. Upton and Kemp

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I still hold out hope for David Wright - he's still young (29) and has a career .300 avg with 183 HR, 726 RBI, and 5 All-Star appearances. Obviously he needs to reverse the trend of his previous few seasons, but before those he was on the list of the elite.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Only Pujols at this point. Others are way too young and have plenty to do. And why are we using AS game appearances? I wouldn't even look at that number if I were inducting someone.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
Only Pujols at this point. Others are way too young and have plenty to do. And why are we using AS game appearances? I wouldn't even look at that number if I were inducting someone.

I mention AS games because for a catcher IMO it is a very telling stat. You cannot really gauge a catcher by his offensive production alone, so I've found that AS games are a pretty useful gauge. McCann's career stats are not going to be nearly as gaudy as top players from other positions, but he has been an all-star every full season of his career and IMO that lends itself to a potential HOF career.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
For argument's sake, lets say that for every potential HOF candidate with an auto there are two that don't have one. Let's also say that between 10 and 20 future HOF players have started their careers over the last ten years - given one or two players get inducted annually.

That makes it about three to six or seven BC autos over the past ten years.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Ichiro as well :)

EDIT: Just realized the thread was about those with Chrome autos :oops: Does this count? ;)

august24ichirofront.jpg
august24ichiroback.jpg

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Anthony Rendon and Yu Darvish....

Sorry... I had to.

Members online