Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's up for some Super Boxscore Bingo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
With the new season upon us, I thought I'd fire up another round.

For those not familiar with the game, please see the overview below. If we get enough interest (at least 25), I'll post a seperate signup thread.

Any questions, just ask!

OVERVIEW

By looking through online MLB boxscores, try to match and cross off as many scenarios as possible on your card.

If you cross off every square in a given section and are the first to submit it to me via PM, you win (see the Prize Payout section for more details).

http://www.cnnsi.com/mlb will be used to verify all boxscores.

1. Only one card per contestant

2. Each card is 100% randomly generated

3. Each card has 36 squares, broken down into 6 sections:

a. Team Pitching (blue)
b. Team Batting (pink)
c. Miscellaneous (orange)
d. Starting Pitching (purple)
e. Top Individual Hitting (yellow)
f. Wild Card (green)

4. Each card also has 6 free spaces located at the bottom of the card (one per section). Each free space is identified by a code that refers to one of the main 36 squares. It reads just like a game of Battleship (A2, E4, etc...). Simply cross reference the row and column to find out what your free spaces are.

HOW TO PLAY

1. Starting with the April 4th games, go online to check the boxscores for the teams shown on your card. If you find an outcome that is an exact match to the one shown on your card, you can cross off that square.

2. Be sure to mark down the date of each boxscore you use to cross off a square. This is very important when the time comes to submit your entry to me as a potential winner.

3. Once you cross off all squares having the same color, you are eligible to win a prize. Please send me a PM with the section color and boxscore dates you want me to confirm. If you are the first to PM a correct entry for that section, you win!

4. The first person to cross off all 6 sections will win a Kershaw/Kemp/Loney triple autograph. See the Prize Payout section for a scan.

NOTES

1. The most important rule of this game is that each of your scenarios must be an exact match to what you find in the boxscores.

2. Once a winning section is submitted, no one else may win that color.

3. Contestants can win more than one color, so long as they're the first to PM a winning section.

PRIZE PAYOUT

1. Crossing off any section: $10 Paypal gift certificate

2. Crossing off all 6 sections: 2009 UD Sp Authentic Triple Autograph of Clayton Kershaw/Matt Kemp/James Loney

kershaw1.jpg

SAMPLE CARD

sample.jpg

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I really don't know of anyone else who puts this much time into contests, and they're always fun. I'm definitely game.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, we're getting a decent turnout, so we'll go ahead with this.

I just posted the signup thread now. Please add your name to the list if you want to play. I'll have the cards ready to go shortly.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure what thread to put this in........I downloaded my card and am checking stats now.

I wanted to double check the "Top Individual Batting" qualifications.
Is that any individual batter for team listed.

Wanted to check now so I'm filling it out correctly.
For ex - I have Toronto 1st-10th of any month 1 strikeout. Do I x that since they had someone with one strikeout? Guess I was confused since it says "Top batter" here (not the case on my scorecard) so wasn't sure if that entails something more complicated.

Thanks.

Members online