Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Removing '12 Topps Tribute card/s from protector/sticker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So having all these Albert Belle cards in these massive topps protectors and then the Topps sticker securing it was pack pulled, etc... is bulky and doesn't really fit my collecting style. I'd rather place in pages or display otherwise in the PC.

Has anyone removed any of their cards from these protectors the cards came in with the Topps sticker? What is the reservation not too, not as though they're graded right? If its going to stay in the PC anyways, does it matter?

Just looking for some other collectors opinions here. Curious to see what people think or done themselves.

Mac

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I wouldn't. That is a nice value add with Topps putting those in uncirculated sealed cases. That is how they were packed out and should stay in them. Just store them as is. Shouldn't be that hard. Cases are far from massive, Topps gives you a nice sealed case. Use it.

Let's see the Belle collection!

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
mansgame said:
So having all these Albert Belle cards in these massive topps protectors and then the Topps sticker securing it was pack pulled, etc... is bulky and doesn't really fit my collecting style. I'd rather place in pages or display otherwise in the PC.

Has anyone removed any of their cards from these protectors the cards came in with the Topps sticker? What is the reservation not too, not as though they're graded right? If its going to stay in the PC anyways, does it matter?

Just looking for some other collectors opinions here. Curious to see what people think or done themselves.

Mac

I'd have no problem with this. I did this with a Panini case before I just put it in a regular screw down. If it's a patch then you'll always be able to tell by the numbering that it isn't faked but if it's a jersey or auto there is no reason to keep it in their protective holder anyways. And if it will definitely just stay in your PC display/store it however you'd like.

Also, in 2004 Playoff Prime Cuts decided to full on slab some of their cards and the ones I bought that were slabbed I broke out of the slab and put them into regular holders. It all goes back to what you prefer and if push comes to shove and you need to sell, it is not too difficult to detect fake relics from real ones.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
homerun28aa said:
mansgame said:

Mac

I'd have no problem with this. I did this with a Panini case before I just put it in a regular screw down. If it's a patch then you'll always be able to tell by the numbering that it isn't faked but if it's a jersey or auto there is no reason to keep it in their protective holder anyways. And if it will definitely just stay in your PC display/store it however you'd like.

Also, in 2004 Playoff Prime Cuts decided to full on slab some of their cards and the ones I bought that were slabbed I broke out of the slab and put them into regular holders. It all goes back to what you prefer and if push comes to shove and you need to sell, it is not too difficult to detect fake relics from real ones.

really, so knowing serial # tells you if a patch is fake????? who needs protective holders. People have been crying about getting tamper proof holders for patch cards.
How many times have people went on and on about how stuff is pc for life blah blah blah. Then couple months later they are selling it off collecting something else or need money for something more important.

GC would you still take yours out if you weren't grading them?

I guess the more people take them out of uncirculated cases the better. Value will always be better in sealed Topps cases.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
matchpenalty said:
homerun28aa said:
mansgame said:

Mac

really, so knowing serial # tells you if a patch is fake????? who needs protective holders. People have been crying about getting tamper proof holders for patch cards.
How many times have people went on and on about how stuff is pc for life blah blah blah. Then couple months later they are selling it off collecting something else or need money for something more important.

GC would you still take yours out if you weren't grading them?

I guess the more people take them out of uncirculated cases the better. Value will always be better in sealed Topps cases.

I am taking the autos out of the cases; well BGS will. If I decide not to send them to BGS I will still take them out of the cheap cases.
scan0002.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea a lot of good takes here but they'll probably never leave the PC, so I'm going to crack them. Like I said, not like they're slabbed or something. Just like displaying in pages or not in the bulky (my opinion) protectors. Plus as some else said, the stickers do look fuggly. And non of these are patches, etc. all just on card autos.

Do you think Topps is moving to this set-up, having all cards in plastics like this? What is the reason? Just to mask certain cards from guys who feel through packs?