Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Performances Thread 4/8 (Hultzen Debut)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Midwest and Florida State Leagues have the day off.

Today's notable SPs include:

Kylin Turnbull (Pro Debut)
Pat Corbin
Dae-Eun Rhee (AA Debut)
Danny Hultzen (Pro Debut)
Kyle Heckathorn
Shelby Miller (AAA Debut)
Matt Barnes (Pro Debut)
Tony Cingrani (High-A Debut)
Andy Oliver
Nick Schmidt (Rockies Org Debut)
Chris Archer
Fabio Martinez (High-A Debut)
Yordano Ventura (High-A Debut)
Kyle Crick (Low-A Debut)
Domingo Tapia (Low-A Debut)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Amanda Comak? @acomak Official diagnosis on Anthony Rendon is a badly sprained left ankle. #nationals #nats

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Been waiting for Fabio Martinez to get back for quite some time, he had one appearance for their AZL affiliate last season and I thought maybe he'd get a CAL League start but they shut him down to prepare for this season. The only thing that kind of concerns me about him is that he'll be pitching in the CAL League and he's a fly-ball/power pitcher, we all know routine fly balls turn into HRs in the CAL League.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
Jaypers said:
Amanda Comak? @acomak Official diagnosis on Anthony Rendon is a badly sprained left ankle. #nationals #nats
Not good!
Isn't this a reoccurring injury.... :?

This news is pretty much best case scenario. He had to be carted off yesterday and from what I've read it looked much worse then a sprain.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
jeff550 said:
[quote="Russ S.":2yx4ki0h]
Jaypers said:
Not good!
Isn't this a reoccurring injury.... :?
no, right ankel was the problem before
So he has reoccurring ANKEL problemS.
That sucks.[/quote:2yx4ki0h]

Indeed.

It's a shame to have such problems so early on. For a batter, there are few more damaging injuries than borked ankles. The good is that he is young enough to probably heal and overcome, the bad is that as time goes on it will only get worse. The odds of him having a healthy and productive career has severely diminished in my opinion. Ankle injuries are among the highest rate of reoccurrence of all injuries.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts