Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow, I can't belive it has been 3 years. RIP Mr. Nick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jock176

Aug 27, 2008
I always wonder if sometimes reading or posting something about somebody who has died a while ago is appropriate or not. In this case I kinda do, one of the reasons why is my son now 7 1/2 still comes up to me from time to time asks me about Mr. Nick and if he is still in Haven. He goes to a Christian school and they talk about Haven all the time and he always tells the teacher that he knows somebody up there and that is Mr. Nick.
The day Nick Adenhart died I used it as learning experience for my son who was 4 1/2 at the time. All the local sports shows that day did every kind of tribute possible and I watched everyone of them. My wife and son knew it took a toll on me and as the last one played that night my son turned to me and said it is ok dad Mr. Nick is in Haven you know he will be ok. I lost it. I said you right son and we said a Prayer for Mr. Nick.
Feel free to share your thoughts about if you think I am right or wrong, I don't mind a little criticism. Just want to say something.
By the way since I am writing this spontaneously I don't have the board members name or remember it shame on me. He sent me a autographed baseball of Nick Adenhart for my son Andrew. Once again the generosity of our members blow me away. Thanks for long read. Enjoy life now for you never know when it will be gone. Jock176 (Scott)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
As someone who got to know Nick and his family, I hate thinking about that day. It was such a tragedy, a great person who left us too soon. I am getting emotional as I am typing this, so I will leave it at that. NICK, RIP. We all miss you.

Matt

Jock176

Aug 27, 2008
Matt, I know exactly what you are saying it took me quite awhile to that out between the tears. Also the fact my boys are home for spring break this week and they have a tendency to interrupt me every few seconds.

A quick shout out to board member coltsnsox07, It was Matt who sent the ball To my son. Thanks again.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
rip nick

416791_364885316879049_100000727523114_1135477_1299994146_n.jpg

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I remember the Cardinals game like the next day they did a moment of silence and everything. There were quite a few people with tears streaming down their face. It is sad how someone that young can be taken from this earth. I had watched the highlights of the game on Sportscenter the night he pitched it showed him throwing like 5 or 6 scoreless innings and showed a short clip of his dad who was in the stands. Later that day it was all about him crashing and how he had told coaches the ball felt great rolling out of his hand. It is so sad to think that a drunk driver ruined such a bright carrer and killed 2 others in the process.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
I remember the Cardinals game like the next day they did a moment of silence and everything. There were quite a few people with tears streaming down their face. It is sad how someone that young can be taken from this earth. I had watched the highlights of the game on Sportscenter the night he pitched it showed him throwing like 5 or 6 scoreless innings and showed a short clip of his dad who was in the stands. Later that day it was all about him crashing and how he had told coaches the ball felt great rolling out of his hand. It is so sad to think that a drunk driver ruined such a bright carrer and killed 2 others in the process.

This is brutal, so sorry he left so soon.I remember when Kile died, I had never even met him, and it was a tough to listen or watch any games for a long time and wondered what could have been done differently.

Whatever happened to the guy that caused the crash?

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
RIP Nick!!! If you guys want to help out his charity you can buy a T-shirt for his annual 5K run. Google Nick Adenhart 5k or for those of you with Facebook, there is a page dedicated to this event.

Jock176

Aug 27, 2008
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

This is brutal, so sorry he left so soon.I remember when Kile died, I had never even met him, and it was a tough to listen or watch any games for a long time and wondered what could have been done differently.

He was tried and convicted of second degree murder X3 was sentenced to 51 years to life. Amen to that.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

I also remember when DK died. But mainly because he pitched in the first game I ever went to, and I met him later that day outside of the stadium. I did not have a ball to get signed so I yelled "Good Game" to him, he smiled and waved to me and said thanks. Im not sure of the date or if I have a stub from that game but it stuck with me in my head. About a year later me and my dad sat down to watch a Cardinals/Cubs game (when the rivalry was still there) and then it showed a podium being brought to the plate it went to commercial and then Joe Girardi came out to announce a tragedy in the Cardinals family and to be respectful that the game would not be played. Now for HS art class I am drawing a picture of DK from just days before he died (he is wearing a JFB patch) I cant wait to share the drawing with you guys.

Jock176

Aug 27, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

I also remember when DK died. But mainly because he pitched in the first game I ever went to, and I met him later that day outside of the stadium. I did not have a ball to get signed so I yelled "Good Game" to him, he smiled and waved to me and said thanks. Im not sure of the date or if I have a stub from that game but it stuck with me in my head. About a year later me and my dad sat down to watch a Cardinals/Cubs game (when the rivalry was still there) and then it showed a podium being brought to the plate it went to commercial and then Joe Girardi came out to announce a tragedy in the Cardinals family and to be respectful that the game would not be played. Now for HS art class I am drawing a picture of DK from just days before he died (he is wearing a JFB patch) I cant wait to share the drawing with you guys.
Can't wait to see it.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
PujolsCollector said:
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

I'd love to see it when you finish it!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Therion said:
PujolsCollector said:
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

Im not sure when it will be finished, I am using stuff I have never worked with before (called Conte its like chalk) and my outline just got done thursday. I am doing it for art class so I get about an hour a day to work on it and want it to look right. I dont want it to look like some 3 year olds fingerpainting as I want it to be a tribute to Kile! I will for sure post it up when I get it finished I am taking pictures as I go along so that I can track my progress. I may just post it so that you guys can watch it go as I do!!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
PujolsCollector said:
Therion said:
PujolsCollector said:
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

Im not sure when it will be finished, I am using stuff I have never worked with before (called Conte its like chalk) and my outline just got done thursday. I am doing it for art class so I get about an hour a day to work on it and want it to look right. I dont want it to look like some 3 year olds fingerpainting as I want it to be a tribute to Kile! I will for sure post it up when I get it finished I am taking pictures as I go along so that I can track my progress. I may just post it so that you guys can watch it go as I do!!

Definitely. I'm a huge Kile fan and can't wait to see what your work turns out. I watched him throw a no-hitter. I have a pretty respectable Kile collection as well.

http://sanguinarystrosfan.weebly.com/darryl-kile.html

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
SINFULONE said:
PujolsCollector said:

Good memory of Kile.What sticks out in my mind is the time someone hit a smash back to the mound and the ball became stuck in his glove, and he threw the whole glove to 1B for the out.Every time I travel back to my parent's to stay the weekend, in the guest room is a Kile pennant someone got and I think of who he was every time.If Therion wanted it I could probably get it for him.

I guess this sounds bad, but years ago when Hancock was in a crash I went through some old shoe boxes of cards and threw out the only card I found of him.I just couldn't look at it anymore.Rough times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts