Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ugly logomen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
when I first saw the rollins hit ebay I thought I kinda liked these but after seeing more of them come up I think they are just flat out ugly. there really hasnt been a nice logoman set produced since around 08 (with the exception of triple threads which arnt game used?)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Muse ... t_360wt_80

logoman sets in the 2000s decade were just much cleaner looking. what sets do you like that were produced after 08? I cant stand unique either

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Hmmm why is there a mystery sloppy stitching on the top of the logoman? Maybe topps patched this piece together?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Agreed, those are not good looking cards.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Maybe I'm not picky but I think that's a pretty damn cool card. There are much more atrocious cards.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
it was 2008

scan0003-2.jpg

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
nyc3 said:
Hmmm why is there a mystery sloppy stitching on the top of the logoman? Maybe topps patched this piece together?

That's how the patch is stitched on the jersey.

That picture is way too small and I agree, there are many other better sets for logomen.

/10

Aug 1, 2011
I've been wondering this. I missed the introduction of the logoman into the hobby. What's the big appeal, exactly? Is it just that it's an in tact patch from a uniform? While I agree that other logoman cards I've seen look better (they just look good framed alone like that), honestly nothing about them game used is particularly appealing. (Is that just me?) Frankly I think these cards look just as good as manufactured patches.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
ChasHawk said:
WoundedDuck said:
Maybe I'm not picky but I think that's a pretty damn cool card. There are much more atrocious cards.
When you look at just about every other logoman ever made, these are shat.

While I do agree that the miniature head at the bottom of the card looks rediculous and unnecessary, I kind of like seeing the rest of the jersey framing the logo where it's sewn on. It's unique. Are there any other logo cards that show more than just the MLB logo?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
/10 said:
I've been wondering this. I missed the introduction of the logoman into the hobby. What's the big appeal, exactly? Is it just that it's an in tact patch from a uniform? While I agree that other logoman cards I've seen look better (they just look good framed alone like that), honestly nothing about them game used is particularly appealing. (Is that just me?) Frankly I think these cards look just as good as manufactured patches.
No, there are others that share your sentiment. For me Game used is what got me back to the hobby and now im hooked. I guess for me a piece of a jersey seems more personal than let say an autograph as some of these guys sign a ton. I mean how many times could you walk up to the player and ask him for his jersey and then have him hand it to you? maybe 5% 10% less. And from the guy I collect I would never get a full jersey as they are either deceased or retired and they are not caring gamers with them :lol: and even if they were no chance you are getting it. Now go ask that same player for an autograph and more than likley (Depends on the player and time) he will give it to you. I somewhat feel that same way you do about autos as you do for gameused. Do I collect them? yes but not as excited for the auto as a rare vintage patch card. Now my collection focus has changed to collecting hofer and sure fire (Subjective) hofers and game used has become even more appealing to me than ever. Its hard to find Nellie Foxx patches, Richie ashburn patches, Al Kaline patches, ect ect. and that to me is what gets me excited about collecting. Some of these games used are much rare than their rookie card, autos, insert, ect ect. If there were no vintage game used I would not collect anymore. I dont get too worked up about what these companies cut up and hope that one day they cut up a Ty cobb Jersey, Christy Mathewson jersey, Cy young jersey as there is no way I could afford one by itself. Not only that gamer jersey's do not appeal to me but cards with them do (Go figure :lol: ). Also I am able to store cards much better. The only time I would have a problem with a Vintage gamer being cut up if it was the absolute last one and at that point I think it belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Ps. I even find game used more appealing than vintage cards as with ebay and all the sites to search from you could find pretty much any vintage card possible.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
2009 Topps Unique had some decent ones. Somewhat boring (cropped photo; incredibly generic background; logo), but not ugly. That said, I think they look better without the autograph added on.

f-7169.jpg
$%28KGrHqZ,!ioE9Y-StSr1BPWotbgiE!~~60_58.JPG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
GU sucks. Zero interest anymore after all the fakes and "event used." Sold just about all mine off.

Members online