Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therrien FIRED as Penguins coach!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
as much as the whole season can't be blamed on him I am glad he is gone. there were too many players who didn't get along with him and hopefully the change will make a difference. I think they need to see what this team can do and not make any trades and get the core to believe in each other and play as a team.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I wasn't his biggest fan either, i had heard several times on the Penguins message boards that he didn't have the best relationship with MA Fleury and he only played him as much as he did due to MAF's good relationship with Pens owner Mario Lemieux.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
As with any team/sport, the coach is always the first to go when it comes time to mix things up, whether its their fault or not. They had to do something before it was too late... Of the teams in now I really don't see the Rangers making it, and I could see Buffalo dropping out.

I think there are 6 solid teams in the East (counting Florida) although Montreal has fallen off, then there are the next 4, then there is everyone else.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
he didn't have good relationships with most of the players especially Fleury, Petr Sykora, Rob Scuderi, and Brooks Orpik. he never seemed to want to give Fleury a chance to play and at the beginning of last season was giving the majority of the starts to Sabourin. after he returned from his injury it seemed like Conklin was going to be the starter but MAF proved that it was his job and earned it back. I was surprised Orpik signed long term because of their differences but I guess it doesn't matter now.

I think letting Therrien go is a very good move and will help a lot in the locker room as well as on the ice. one thing that needs to change is consistent line groupings. many of the players have said it's hard to go out their every night and not know how is going to be on your line because Therrien was changing the line grouping almost every shift.

DetroitTigers

Aug 19, 2008
Canada
It is partially his fault, but with two players making almost 18 million a year its not that hard to figure they were not going to be too good. They need to trade Malkin and build around Corsby, if they don't Crosby will be playing with players like Fedotenko and Satan.

Members online