Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Flair Printing Plate?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Back when I was younger my dad printed a uncut sheet I had onto thin metal to make a plaque.

Since then I stay away from non pack pulled printing plates.

waxmorgue

Nov 28, 2011
Florida
csmtampa said:
Back when I was younger my dad printed a uncut sheet I had onto thin metal to make a plaque.

Since then I stay away from non pack pulled printing plates.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. I have not followed The Hobby in quite some time so I thought maybe I missed out on something with these plates surfacing. I'd imagine Canseco collectors bidding these items up into the 100s by now if they were legit.

Sep 11, 2009
I think I read somewhere that printing plates didn't print the foil and these plates have the outline of the foil. I that makes sense. Where his name is that shouldn't be there.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I think I actually asked this guy where these plates came from at one point. He claimed he bought a huge lot of them from a guy who got them in a bankruptcy auction. I don't think I believe that though. Especially considering where the item is coming from. There are a lot of "manufactured" collectibles that come out of that area. Still a cool collectors item for a player collector if the price doesn't get too high I guess.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm not real familiar with 93 Flair, but it looks like the "Flair" and "Jose Canseco" are foil on the base card. If this is true then that plate is 100% fake. Foil is applied after the printing process so you would not see it on the plate.

Here is an example.

Notice how "Ryan Doumit" and "C" are in foil
SCAN1337.jpg

Now look at these and notice how you can't see Ryan Doumit or C in any of these? (PS - if anyone has the Cyan, I would really like it!)
SCAN1340.jpg
SCAN1339.jpg
SCAN1338.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
IUjapander said:
I'm not real familiar with 93 Flair, but it looks like the "Flair" and "Jose Canseco" are foil on the base card. If this is true then that plate is 100% fake. Foil is applied after the printing process so you would not see it on the plate.

Exactly correct. This plate is a fake. On a real plate, there wouldn't be anything printed under where the foil is applied, and on this plate you can see the words Flair and Jose Canseco. Player names and Flair were only stamped in gold foil on 93 Flair, not printed on the card.

93FLAIR.jpg

Members online

Latest posts