Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Daily Thread - 4/11

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Got a lot of early action going on today:

White Sox/Indians @ 12
Cards/Reds @ 12:30
Red Sox/Blue Jays @ 12:30
Rays/Tigers @ 1
Nats/Mets @ 1
Brewers/Cubs @ 2
KC/A's @ 3:30

I know my TV will be busy while I work.

O's try to avoid the sweep tonight vs the Stankees :?

Lot of great matchups

Lester vs. Romero
Strasburg vs. Johan Santana
Jaime Garcia vs. Cueto
Verlander vs. Shields
Josh Johnson vs. Halladay

Lincecum, Gallardo, Jered Weaver, Bedard and Sabathia also throwing tonight.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Cody Ross with the first base hit in the game. Seems to be a pitchers dual so far [as expected] although the Sox have been known to hit Romero very well in the past.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Strasburg's changeup and curve are EXTRA filthy today...especially his changeup. That last one to Jason Bay was jaw dropping.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
No Braun, Hart or Lucroy in the line-up for Milwaukee today; meaning Kottaras is catching Gallardo and then Wolf again soon.

Braun and Lucroy are being rested due to chest soreness/tightness.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Youk needs to retire.

Yet another loss for the Sox. A much needed day off tomorrow then back in Boston...this might be another loong year. :|

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Mets can't seem to score, but fans have to be ecstatic with the way Johan has pitched.

Lester also getting no support...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Surprising because he had a ton of run support last season. He has pitched against Verlander and Romero though, so that doesn't help his cause.

I'm not sure why McDonald is still on the team? Surely they have a better reserve outfielder in their farm system they can bring up...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Topnotchsy said:
Surprising because he had a ton of run support last season. He has pitched against Verlander and Romero though, so that doesn't help his cause.

I'm not sure why McDonald is still on the team? Surely they have a better reserve outfielder in their farm system they can bring up...

I have to assume run support is random as I don't believe players can really decide to turn it on or off for a specific pitcher. It is nice to see that he's pitching well to begin the season as he's generally been a slow starter. The offense in Boston has to come around on some level sooner or later.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Typical Rays. Nearly get no-hit heading into the 9th inning down 2-0. They score 4 in the top of the 9th off Verlander, Schlereth, and Valverde.

Members online

Latest posts