Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Museum "Team Issued" Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
trouts2 said:
Image157.jpg

ellsburgy.jpg

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/base ... astic.html

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Oh, and the Jesus Montero Jersey cards have a Spring Training Jersey that he never wore during a game.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
::facepalm:: Well done, Topps. Team-issued jerseys - while great in their respective right - are glorified retail authentic jerseys. This might be Topps response to football's "event-used" ways. Glad I'm out of the GU-portion of this hobby.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Superfractor said:
::facepalm:: Well done, Topps. Team-issued jerseys - while great in their respective right - are glorified retail authentic jerseys. This might be Topps response to football's "event-used" ways. Glad I'm out of the GU-portion of this hobby.

Totally agree, all they do and I have witnessed this at Miller Park. In the press room, they have a box full of jerseys and have DELOITTE and TOUCHE (some intern) come in with a roll of stickers and he affixes it on each jersey, hat, whatever. Then he logs the date and to what item and what serial number. We need the actual game used items back in the hobby, not the DICKS SPORTING GOODS JERSEYS or better yet ones from CHINA that everyone is selling illegally.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Team issued does not mean it wasn't game used. MLB has some pretty strict rules regarding detailing something as game used. The MLB authenticator needs to see a jersey come off the back of a player after a game in order for them to label it game used. If a jersey is mailed from the player or handed to a Topps rep after the game without seeing the player wear the jersey during the game then MLB will list it as Team-issued. I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

righteousmike

Aug 24, 2008
Arlen, TX
Team issued can mean one of two things.

1. It wasn't used PERIORD.(as many of you stated)
2. Or the MLB Official who authenticates it didn't actually "witness" anybody using it, thus was tagged simply as issued. This happens alot with Steiner sports stuff such as jersey pants/ bats/ shorts etc etc. MLB won't tag anything as game used unless it was directly given to them or they witnessed the material being taken off (weird)

TL:DR Just because the COA given say's it was only issued, doesn't necessarily mean your memorabilia wasn't used at all. But it's more likely that it was only used once/ a few times then exchanged for something new. Hope this helps.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
On June 11th, the Red Sox wore the red alternates and Ellsbury didn't play, but they stopped using that set of jerseys and authenticated all the players' jerseys. So it's possible he had worn it earlier in the year.

hoos

Sep 30, 2011
Alaska
Here's one that I pulled:

purple22222_(22).jpg=450

tulo_GU.jpg=450

He went 1 for 3 with 2 runs scored, 2 RBI, a walk and a sac fly in the Rockies' win. Pleased that mine shows up as game-used, but disenchanted that some of my other Topps stuff that I can't holo-verify might only be player-issued or worse.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
CARD COLLECTORS REALLY DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT GAME USED. Many teams they always put team issued as said before. The authenticator doesn't see it come off said back. iT COMES AS game issued. Do your homework and know what each team tends to do. Works both ways. Only way to tell if a jersey is game used is by wear and photo matching. SOmething that really can't be done with tiny pieces. Don't waste your money on game used cards.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
matchpenalty said:
CARD COLLECTORS REALLY DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT GAME USED. Many teams they always put team issued as said before. The authenticator doesn't see it come off said back. iT COMES AS game issued. Do your homework and know what each team tends to do. Works both ways. Only way to tell if a jersey is game used is by wear and photo matching. SOmething that really can't be done with tiny pieces. Don't waste your money on game used cards.

Calm down dude. It is a discussion. If you can't discuss this question at hand, then maybe this thread isn't for you. In the meantime, stop telling people how to spend their money.

I have one too...

EthierPCScans110.jpg

Hologram number FJ173532 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description: Session Name: 2010 ALL-STAR GAME WORKOUT DAY AND HOME RUN DERBY
Session Date: July 12, 2010
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: ANDRE ETHIER

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
MisterT said:

I stand by my original post...Its a beautiful card and I would love to have it. Team issues, game used, whatever. Take it for what it is - a really nice looking card.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Items that are described as team issued are not always not game worn. I have been friends with the people of the cardinals authentics store since 2006 and they work along with the MLB authenticators items described as game issued could be that he wore it at one point but it was not on that players person when they come around to authenticate the items. All of the Cardinals world series jerseys were labeled as game issued because every jersey in their locker stalls were patched. So don't write it off as not used just because its issued. Same thing for game used bats.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
if everyone here really thinks every every game used card is actually game used and on top of that actually game used by the player on the card, they are very naive.

in this case, who knows, but mlb has to see the jersey come directly off the players back to be considered game used. otherwise they have to say team issued, even if it is game used.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Hey guys, I can't believe how much discussion my card has brought up ;) With the jersey being only "team issued", what is the realistic value on the card? I was offered $170 and am considering taking it by tomorrow if nothing else comes in.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts