Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breaking news

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
If a person makes the Major Leagues and he's a piece of crap, what does that make the rest of us? LOL
David

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
And in other news, snow is cold and rain is wet.

He should have been traded a few years ago. I think I may have said it to him on BMB. He was better off being used as trade bait.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
zach said:
David T. said:
If a person makes the Major Leagues and he's a piece of crap, what does that make the rest of us? LOL
David

Bigger, older and fatter pieces of crap.

Older and fatter yes, but I'm not touching that "bigger" comment with a 10 foot pole.
Oops, I really didn't mean to do that.
:lol:
David

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
Hallsgator said:
gotta love people talking ish about pro athletes

No kidding. Phil Hughes was probably the best player on every team he was on until he got to the major leagues. Most guys on this board probably got cut from their teams and I would bet VERY few played past High School. I've been to card shows and have seen the crowd...not too many athletes around there.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
seitas said:
Hallsgator said:
gotta love people talking ish about pro athletes

No kidding. Phil Hughes was probably the best player on every team he was on until he got to the major leagues. Most guys on this board probably got cut from their teams and I would bet VERY few played past High School. I've been to card shows and have seen the crowd...not too many athletes around there.

LOL, for real.Dude probably has a huge Hughes stash he's sitting on and praying for one dominant start so he can dump it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think Hughes is going to be alright. Not counting any trades the Yankees make, I think Hughes will be the third best SP this year for the Yankees behind Nova and CC.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
markakis8 said:
I think Hughes is going to be alright. Not counting any trades the Yankees make, I think Hughes will be the third best SP this year for the Yankees behind Nova and CC.

Eh, I don't even know how he did as "well" as he did.

Seems like every fastball he threw was at the top of the zone.

Phelps > Hughes.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The one bright spot was he struck out 6 in 3 innings.
Of course he also let up 6 runs in those 3 innings.
I think most of us forget he is still only 25 years old, because it seems like he's been around forever.
I hope he does well, because I remember what a nice guy he was on the old BMB board.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Austin said:
I think most of us forget he is still only 25 years old, because it seems like he's been around forever.
I hope he does well, because I remember what a nice guy he was on the old BMB board.

He has been around forever.

And he has been given time after time to succeed. He hasn't.

David Phelps is only a few months younger than Hughes. Is it not time to give him a chance? From the two pitchers this season, it is easy to see that Hughes pitches scarred, Phelps pitches with confidence.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Austin said:

i think he will rebound and get better. he was good to a lot of guys on BMB, a nice guy.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
On ESPN, the guys on Baseball Tonight were just analyzing Hughes' fastball and showed how flat it is now and that there's no movement.
Hughes may not be a starter much longer.

Members online

Latest posts