Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone got a steal!!! Dang!!! Missed this one.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
The actual card is not WAY off center.

I turned down 14 offers last week when I listed it with BIN/BESTOFFER. Highest offer was $150.00.

As they say: "You win some, you lose some".

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Craig Smith said:

I turned down 14 offers last week when I listed it with BIN/BESTOFFER. Highest offer was $150.00.

Nice Sale Craig.
Regardless of past sales, I'm assuming you pulled the Gold, so the sale just covered 2 boxes, so you can't be too sad.
Hope all is well in your world.
Russ

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
:D

I threw up a low bid with 10 minutes to go for the heck for it and didn't think I would win it.
To me, it looks like the card was not scanned well. I imagine the card is in fine shape so I went for it.

shephech said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RICK-PORCELLO-2008-BOWMAN-DRAFT-PICKS-GOLD-REFRACTOR_W0QQitemZ110349002070QQihZ001QQcategoryZ159965QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Shep :ugeek:

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Craig Smith said:

Man, I didn't realize the seller was a board member. Am I correct that the scan does not do the card justice? Looks like it was slightly scanned diagonally.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
Tommy, glad you won the card. I have it ready to mail but will have to wait until tomorrow because I forgot the post office is closed today. I am not saying the card is perfect, as stated in the auction, but the scanner did not do justice to the left/right centering.

Dave, I am also glad you won the Beckham. I usually list my BIN's below the going rate so they move quickly. My Beckham regular auto moved quickly as well. I think I may have some to you before.

Now if I can sell the 08 AFLAC set I will have little good stuff remaining in my collection.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Craig Smith said:
Tommy, glad you won the card. I have it ready to mail but will have to wait until tomorrow because I forgot the post office is closed today. I am not saying the card is perfect, as stated in the auction, but the scanner did not do justice to the left/right centering.

Dave, I am also glad you won the Beckham. I usually list my BIN's below the going rate so they move quickly. My Beckham regular auto moved quickly as well. I think I may have some to you before.

Now if I can sell the 08 AFLAC set I will have little good stuff remaining in my collection.

.....and an overflowing paypal balance ;) . Good luck with the sales

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
Paypal balance? What is that?

We are remodeling the upstairs guest bathroom from the bottom up. House was built in 1820 and the toilet seal was lead, meaning it was put in over 80 years ago.

The floor supports are 12" X 3 3/4".

No balance for sure.
Bath%201.jpg

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Craig Smith said:

Forgot about the PO being closed today too. Glad you mentioned that. I won't be looking for my other stuff to come in today then.

And yeah, I figured it wouldn't be a gem mint 10, but I didn't think it looked to be 70/30 either. It still looks like a decent card if one looks at the edges that are actually seen in the scan. The back looks further off than the front, but overall I think it will be just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts