Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone legit worried about Lincecum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roogy

May 20, 2010
California
I'm not sure about his velocity (didn't watch the game), I'm just glad he finally cut that hair! I like Big Time Timmy Jim, hope he's ok but it does seem as if he's regressed a bit....On the other hand, it's not easy to keep up a Cy Young type pace.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
it's not easy to keep up a Cy Young type pace.

There's a difference between not being a Cy Young candidate and having the worst ERA in the National League at 10.50 or so.
He's been getting killed this season and Giants radio announcer Jon Miller today said that something is definitely wrong with him this season.

Roogy

May 20, 2010
California
There's a difference between not being a Cy Young candidate and having the worst ERA in the National League at 10.50 or so.
He's been getting killed this season and Giants radio announcer Jon Miller today said that something is definitely wrong with him this season.

Good point. I usually don't look much at stats until after the first month or so, I wasn't aware how bad he's been. With his mechanics, I always wondered how his frame could endure it. I hope he's okay but you gotta think something is going on.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
Stats aside, i really don't understand why people have such a big problem with his hair. A lot of conservative people, i guess. I think crazy style/hair/facial hair, etc. has been a fun part of baseball for the last 35-40 years, and I'm down with it.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Stats aside, i really don't understand why people have such a big problem with his hair. A lot of conservative people, i guess. I think crazy style/hair/facial hair, etc. has been a fun part of baseball for the last 35-40 years, and I'm down with it.

seriously, you're bringing politics in on this (to an extent) about a guys hair. i'm conservaive and have fairly long hair. so don't lump us all in together Barack. baseball wise, the team should send him for some tests on his arm just to see if its physical or mental. if his arm is fine, its probably some mental aspect of the game

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
seriously, you're bringing politics in on this (to an extent) about a guys hair. i'm conservaive and have fairly long hair. so don't lump us all in together Barack. baseball wise, the team should send him for some tests on his arm just to see if its physical or mental. if his arm is fine, its probably some mental aspect of the game

Sometimes conservative just means it's dictionary definition and nothing political. I saw nothing political in his statement before that made me think he was referring to someone more republican. I'm a conservative person, but could careless about politics.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I have been worried since last year, he got his big contract, he is wirey, throws hard, and predicted Pineda and him would both be out with arm troubles in 2012. It is inevitable.

STHendricks

May 3, 2010
MN
Timmy is my favorite athlete and I am very worried... something isn't right! I'm sure glad he went before I could draft him in my fantasy league.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

holy overreaction mitt...

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
hopefully not dead arm. i'd give him his next start off and see how he does afterwards.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The season is early, but you never like to see these types of struggles.

I really liked the contract that he signed in January...works well for both sides. Gave him some more money, but only for two years so no one is on the hook for anything of length should he blow up. He also isn't on the hook for a lesser contract if he continues to light it up.

The comedy of it is that the two years he won the Cy Young, he made just over a million combined for both seasons.

Roogy

May 20, 2010
California

LOL, yes..my politics cause me to hate Lincecum's old chick hair...say whaaaaa?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
From what I saw from last night - it looks like it's mostly mental. He's missing his locations, and then he's letting poor defensive plays hurt him. He's also trying to strike guys out too much. The most problems he's getting into is when he gets 2 strikes on someone, and then he's been throwing his fastball (and missing his locations). He needs to get his fastball command back. He threw a lot more curveballs yesterday than I've ever seen him throw, and it looked pretty effective. He just need to spot his fastball better, and I think he'll figure it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts