Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chipper Jones

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I know Chipper said this will be his farewell season, but, do you think there is any possibility he would reconsider if he hit, say, 20 homers this year and only needed 24 next season to hit the 500 mark?

I know he is a shoe-in for the HOF. But although I'm not a Braves fan (surprise, as I live in Alabama), I am a Chipper Jones fan. I'm a fan of any player who spends his entire career with the same organization.

Also, does anyone else believe that had he been in the AL for his career, he would have likely became a DH over the last few years and would probably already be over the 500 mark?

I'd just like to see him get to the 500 mark. I think he could realistically do it with one more season, provided his knee held up.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Unfortunately, no. Chipper doesn't care about stats. He only cares about whether he can help his team win games and stay healthy doing it. This is definitely his last season no matter what, IMO.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I know he's already addressed the issue, but pro athletes change their minds all the time. I think he's gone as well, but part of me wishes he would stick around one more season if the 500 mark is in sight. Obviously, that's just my selfish "from the stands" viewpoint, and I want him to do what is best for him. I know it's wishful thinking, but I can't help but think that if he nears the end of the season and has hit 20+ homers, there is a chance he will rethink his decision, even if because of outside influence from others.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Chipper's through after this season.
Although, many other stars like Favre and Jordan, and even Pettitte, changed their minds, so who knows.

Members online