Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow at this sale!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Wow He left money on the table with no auto or patch in the title. I would have went higher on that. Although the Guy that won has deep pockets and has no problem over paying so who knows.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That doesn't seem like too high of a price to me. It's higher than I would have guessed, but not by too much. I'd have to do some research to figure out where the patch is from, but I bet there aren't too many cards with part of one from any player.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I think it's a low price. I put that in my watched items I have a bunch of eBay bucks I could put towards something. Almost pulled the trigger. I thought would have gone from 250-350

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Wow I guess I was wrong I didn't really think it would have gone over $150. Maybe I should have bid....
It is an amazingly sweet card for sure

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Was hoping you could have added that one to the boards greatest Doerr collection, James. I don't blame you for not going for it at that price though....hell, maybe I should sell my Doerr patches ;)

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Just a word of advice on patch collecting. I know you did not really want to go that high but if you ever see very nice vintage patches up for auction, especially ones of the guy you collect, go all out because chances are, especially with vintage patches, you will not see one like it or close to it again.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Just a word of advice on patch collecting. I know you did not really want to go that high but if you ever see very nice vintage patches up for auction, especially ones of the guy you collect, go all out because chances are, especially with vintage patches, you will not see one like it or close to it again.

Oh I agree, you're 100% right. I would have definitely loved to have that card and would have loved to add it to my collection. But personally I just can't see spending that much on one card for my collection. That's just how I am. I don't have to have one of every card of my player. I'll take the money I would have spent and get several different cards.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Oh I agree, you're 100% right. I would have definitely loved to have that card and would have loved to add it to my collection. But personally I just can't see spending that much on one card for my collection. That's just how I am. I don't have to have one of every card of my player. I'll take the money I would have spent and get several different cards.

Ahh nothing wrong with that Rebel, I am always on the flip side of that in that I would rather put all my coin to one card I may not see rather than buy several i may see again at some point. No matter if you have that card or not you still have a sweet Doerr collection. Keep it up bud.

Members online