Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for advice about building a specific team collection.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I got my girlfriend a Jay Buhner 97 Signature Series auto, because she is a Mariners fan. She mentioned that it would be cool to get the 1995 team, all autographed cards, set. So after picking up a Mike Blowers, Luis Sojo, Rich Amaral, Dan Wilson and Edgar Martinez (waiting for all of those to come in), she mentioned that she wants the starting lineup for Game 5 of the ALDS against the Yankees (plus Randy Johnson because he closed the game).

So I guess here is where I'm looking for advice. As far as I know; Vince Coleman, Andy Benes, and Tino Martinez (except for Dual autos from 08 Premier) don't have any certified autographs as Mariners. Would you rather get a certified auto in a different uniform or a nice looking IP/TTM one on a Mariner card?

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
For some guys you can't be picky! You can see on my site that some Astros just don't have cards, so I have to get creative. Signed programs and baseballs can be life savers for finding those guys that played very little.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
For some guys you can't be picky! You can see on my site that some Astros just don't have cards, so I have to get creative. Signed programs and baseballs can be life savers for finding those guys that played very little.

I have found TTM/IP autos of those guys on Mariner cards, some PSA/DNA or JSA'd. But I was wondering which would people prefer; pack pulled auto in another uniform or non pack pulled in uniform.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Just like you, I have been collecting autographs of the 1998 Yankee team. Initially I was going after certified autos, but decided to switch to TTM/IP autos for this very reason. I'd rather have Yankee uniform autos than random uniforms. Also, many of the 90s guys only have 1-2 certified autos, mostly from the same few sets (96 Leaf Sig, 97-98 Don Sig), but with TTM/IP autos you can have a nice variety of sets, and choose cards that feature nice photos. I am trying to get as many different sets as possible to have a "type" collection, but some players only have 1 Yankee card making that difficult. Below is a link to my collection so far, I have 25 of 45 members.

http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt20/oneill21/1998 Yankees/

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I have found TTM/IP autos of those guys on Mariner cards, some PSA/DNA or JSA'd. But I was wondering which would people prefer; pack pulled auto in another uniform or non pack pulled in uniform.

If you were building a specific team why would you want them in a different team's uniform? I can find Thomas Howard in as many Phillies uniforms as I might care to own. There is only one card of him in an Astros uniform and I have to get it TTM/IP. A Phillies uniform would just look strange in the middle of all of the Astros.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts