Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I grade these?

Grade or Not to Grade?

• BGS them...NOW!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Get them into Nice Magnetic Cases

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
I've been picking up some nice PC cards. I really like grading because it protects the cards. Though must collectors grade to flip. Should I just put them into some magnetic cases? What should I do?

If I do grade, do authentic case or the actually grade case?

The cards I might grade:

Last edited:

BoatsN304s

Nov 3, 2011
What's a magnetic case cost? Like $2? Might as well grade it for $4 more. It'll be protected for life.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
So I should get them graded?

If it were me, I would get all of them graded except for the Cain & Mays (neither of them look like they will grade very well and I personally do not like putting cards less than a 9 in BGS holders).

Last edited:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
The Topps '52 autos do not grade well. I agree with the poster who suggested magnetic one touches. Not sure qhat the card stock on GQ is like, but the Koufax might be worth sending in. 2003 Heritage chipped really bad on the green edges on the reverse.

And fantastic pickups btw!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
IMO you have to consider that down the line you may look to sell the cards. If they are slabbed as "Authentic" I believe that many people assume that this means that they have been trimmed and that is why there is no number grade. Many people do not like cards graded 8 or 8.5, (or cards with an autograph grade under a 10) so that may hurt sale value.

Magnetic one-touches will likely protect the cards just fine (unless you are concerned they will get thrown around.) If you really like grading, you can go that route, but after shipping and slabbing costs the price adds up.

(Of course if you really like the slabs and plan to hold the cards, you can always crack them out should you choose to sell if the grades are not high enough to sell as well as raw or get a premium. Even though an 8.5 card is fine raw, many people pay less for such a card graded despite having the option to crack it out.)

As mentioned, sweet cards!

zbdub808

Nov 12, 2010
This really helped alot, for sure im sending the Koufax in. This is the best card i've ever owned haha

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I love grading but I think these cards look much better nicely displayed in a one-touch.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If they're special to you and you want them to have the best protection, I'd slab them and just have them authenticated.

Regarding what others have said regarding about selling them: If you're always going to be worried about having to sell them you're not going to enjoy having the cards in the first place... Besides, if you're actually worried about having to sell them some day could always bust them out of their cases.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I have a HUGE collection of heritage. The slab makes them look like crap. Get a good top load and team bag and you will be set! Nice cards!

Kevin

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
IMO you have to consider that down the line you may look to sell the cards. If they are slabbed as "Authentic" I believe that many people assume that this means that they have been trimmed and that is why there is no number grade.

Actually if the card is trimmed BGS will label it as "Authentic-Altered", so no worries about that here.

Members online

Latest posts