Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Branden Allen Claimed By the Rays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Good pickup. Should make for a strong backup to Pena, plus a DH.

Brandon Allen Claimed off Waivers by Tampa Bay
OAKLAND, Calif. - The Oakland A's announced today that first baseman Brandon Allen was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Rays.

Allen was designated for assignment April 9 when Daric Barton was reinstated from the disabled list. He was the A's Opening Day starter at first base but went 0 for 7 with five strikeouts in three games. Allen hit .314 with 14 RBI in 14 spring training games. The 26-year-old left-handed hitter was acquired by the A's from Arizona at the trading deadline last year and combined to hit .200 with six home runs and 18 RBI in 52 games with Oakland and the Diamondbacks.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I love the claim, IF they give him a legit shot to play either DH or 1B.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I still have this. Maybe it's not totally worthless just yet. :)

BAllen_Gold1.jpg

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
You should've sold that when he hit his 2 bombs at Yankee Stadium last year. His cards had a mini-blowup.

Had a nice jump early spring training also(grandslam, 7 RBI game). Think I sold over half my stash during ST. Mainly because of the free listings for store subs.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
You should've sold that when he hit his 2 bombs at Yankee Stadium last year. His cards had a mini-blowup.

Nah. I’d rather have the card than the money it would’ve garnered. I’ll probably keep it until it’s worthless. :)

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
First of all Oakland is cheap. They don't spend any money, trade good players away before they have to pay them out, and they are not patient with guys that don't make much money. The last two that come to mind are are Allen & Cardenas.

Members online