Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Skrill payment system on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Hi everyone. I just bought an item on ebay and the only method of payment they accept is through Skrill. I have no idea what sort of payment system this is, and can't seem to find any review on it's safety, etc. online. Anyone use this before? Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks!

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Hi everyone. I just bought an item on ebay and the only method of payment they accept is through Skrill. I have no idea what sort of payment system this is, and can't seem to find any review on it's safety, etc. online. Anyone use this before? Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is a European Paypal basically. Sounds like it is great for foreign transaction but a total pain in the a** if you are not in Europe. Here are some reviews:

Reader Comments - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly:
I sell on Delcampe and tried to sign-up for Moneybookers over a year ago. However, since I live in the US, they denied my account. It made me angry that they took all of my personal information, and then told me they weren't accepting anymore accounts in the US. They should tell people selling in the US up front that they aren't opening accounts here.
Beats PayPal hands down on fees. It's website has a 3 part secure log-in which gives more confidence in the site. Needs to implement a fee-free refund button if wrong amount is sent by mistake.
I registered with Moneybookers, offer the service but not one person has paid using this payment option in over 2 years.
Popular in Europe. No multi-currency accounts, so many transactions incur exchange fees. No dispute resolution service that I know of, though an active member for many years, Ridiculous procedure for withdrawing funds for non-European account holders. Withdrawals from CAD account converted and paid out in USD!!!
Very service oriented and fair and easy to deal with.
I luv this service! I only wish they would 1) have an invoicing feature; & 2) accept payments from Germany.
I am absolutely thrilled with the services provided to me by Moneybookers, they take cars of my funds on a daily basis and I have never been disappointed!! 100% satisfied with this service and I recommend it to everyone!!
I had quite a bit of trouble initially setting up my account, but after many emails and a lot of patience on my part the deed was accomplished. I have no complaints with the service, it functions as it should without any problems.

Matsuicollector

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the info! The seller I bought from is in the US, so I wonder how he got started using this service. I hope I can actually pay for the card.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
FWIW I don't think he can refuse Paypal if selling through Ebay.

He can "refuse". If he doesnt accept paypal, then he likely doesnt even have an address on file to try paying to. You don't have to accept Paypal since they have a few other payment options available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts