Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Performances Thread - 4/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notable SPs include:

Adrian Salcedo vs. Gerrit Cole
Austin Ross vs. Sam Dyson
Carlos Martinez
Casey Crosby
Matt Harvey
Greg Peavey
Brandon Workman (High-A Debut)
Julio Rodriguez
Domingo Tapia
Chris Withrow (2012 Debut)
Nestor Molina
Alex White
Tyler Skaggs
Garrett Richards
Tony Cingrani

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For those wondering about Turner:

The Tigers' No. 1 prospect, Jacob Turner, was originally in the competition to be Detroit's No. 5 starter. But he's yet to make his 2012 debut as he remained in extended spring camp to work his way back from shoulder tendinitis.

He appears to be headed in the right direction. Turner threw live batting practice for the first time on April 13 under the watchful eye of Minor League pitching coordinator Al Nipper. He threw another BP session on Tuesday, throwing 83 total pitches, was up to 92 mph with his fastball and threw some good breaking balls as well. The plan is for him to take the mound for the Lakeland Flying Tigers in the Florida State League on Monday. If all goes well, he should start taking regular turns in a rotation as he moves back up the ladder.

"He's really in a good place," Tigers farm director Dave Owen said. "He said he feels good. He's just getting stuff worked out with his mechanics."

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tommy Joseph HR - first in AA.

Edward Salcedo HR (2)

Last edited:

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
There may be no more confusing LHP prospect to me than Kelvin De La Cruz. You may have seen right before the season he was released by Cleveland and claimed by the Rangers. He was then TRADED back to Cleveland. He was then RELEASED by Cleveland and claimed by Detroit. I believe I have this right.

He routinely walks too many but scouts say he's got great raw stuff.

Tonight: 6.0IP 2H 0R 0ER 4K 2BB

And I soooo want him to succeed:

2009_Bowman_Chrome_Kelvin_DeLaCruz_.jpg

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
harper went 1-2 with 3 walks yesterday...impressive enough to get his cards moving finally...chrome autos over $300, another good game like that and hes gonna be in the 4 figure range imo

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Matt Harvey 6.0IP 3R 3ER 4H 10K 3BB

and because no one makes an NCAA thread anymore...

Kevin Gausman

7.0IP 10H 4R 4ER 1BB 11K against ranked Kentucky tonight.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Oscar Taveras HR (3)

After a brief struggle last outing, Skaggs is back to his usual self, at least so far --- 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K

Latest posts