Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is a good way to break a card out of a slab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
It's a patch auto I've been wanting to break out of the slab for awhile. What's a good way to do it?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
If its BGS its best to work from the side. Start with a small drill bit on the side where the label is. Once you have a hole go to a bigger bit. Your objective is
to be able to insert a flathead screwdriver into the hole so you can pry apart the two halves. From there you just need to carefully open the inner sleeve
and bam, your card back. Work slow.

Good Luck
Kevin

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
All you really need are a flathead screwdriver, hammer and eye protection. Of course, there are various ways to do it, but practice first.

On another note, I find it interesting that I've seen situations where 9.5s fetched less money than raw for retired GU.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
All you really need are a flathead screwdriver, hammer and eye protection. Of course, there are various ways to do it, but practice first.

On another note, I find it interesting that I've seen situations where 9.5s fetched less money than raw for retired GU.

I've seen that a lot. If it's a patch auto I really don't see the need to get an 'authentic' grade when its authenticity really isn't a question.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Smack it directly in the middle with a sledge hammer!
*RESULTS MAY VARY. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR CARD(S) DURING THIS PROCESS. BY BASHING YOUR CASE WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER YOU AGREE TO THE ABOVE STATED. BEST OF LUCK!!

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
my way takes less than 10 seconds. Tools: small wire cutters and flathead screwdriver

1. hold slab on counter with weak hand with auto grade corner hanging off the edge.
2. grab slab at auto grade with SWC and pull up axially with a lot of pressure.
3. repeat until it cracks enough to slip the FHS into the slab horizontally across the grade plate.
4. pop the slab in 2 with the FHS.
5. profit.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
my way takes less than 10 seconds. Tools: small wire cutters and flathead screwdriver

1. hold slab on counter with weak hand with auto grade corner hanging off the edge.
2. grab slab at auto grade with SWC and pull up axially with a lot of pressure.
3. repeat until it cracks enough to slip the FHS into the slab horizontally across the grade plate.
4. pop the slab in 2 with the FHS.
5. profit.

This. For PSA, BGS, ans SGC

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts