Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlon Byrd to Red Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
As a Cubs fan, I really hope this is true. I'd rather have an orange traffic cone see three pitches every few innings and play the outfield over Byrd. Maybe a 'change of scenery' will do him some good. I'm just happy Theo is turning this team over.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Well Campana got called up. I'm hoping they wait til June to bring up Rizzo and Jackson.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe they can have Aceves hit him in the face again.......It could "un-break" him this time, undo whatever he did the first time, because since that incident he's been a .230 hitter.

I guess it's an okay move, as long as there not really giving up anything (I can't imagine it would be much, since the Cubs want to dump him). He can't be worse then Repko, right?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Maybe they can have Aceves hit him in the face again.......It could "un-break" him this time, undo whatever he did the first time, because since that incident he's been a .230 hitter.

I guess it's an okay move, as long as there not really giving up anything (I can't imagine it would be much, since the Cubs want to dump him). He can't be worse then Repko, right?
Right. At least I hope so LOL

It's crazy how many mediocre OFers we have w/o Crawford and Ellsbury. Sad how Sweeney is our best hitter (Who doesn't even play every game...WTH BOBBY?!?!)

fugazzi

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
Right. At least I hope so LOL

It's crazy how many mediocre OFers we have w/o Crawford and Ellsbury. Sad how Sweeney is our best hitter (Who doesn't even play every game...WTH BOBBY?!?!)

Don't you wish you guys still had Reddick? :p Too bad Kalish is hurt too.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I guess it's an okay move, as long as there not really giving up anything (I can't imagine it would be much, since the Cubs want to dump him).
Cubs will be paying the remainder of Byrd's salary and will likely get Bowden in return. :(

Bowden was going to be picked up by a team regardless, so it's nice to get something in return. It would have been tough to put Bowden back on the 40-man from what I heard so he was pretty much off the team. Sucks because I was a Bowden fan and he had great potential as a long reliever...I like him a lot more than Justin Thomas but only reason Thomas wasn't sent down [instead of Bowden] was because he was a lefty. ::sigh:: If it is indeed Bowden I wish him the best of luck in Chicago, and hopefully he doesn't get bounced around as much as he did in our system. [which is doubtful]

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I think its a good trade. Looks like from what they are saying looks like the PTBNL is Andrew Miller which i dont care for too much. So both these guys are out of options and the Cubs will have to carry both on the roster.
I think the Cubs will hold off on BJax for a bit and let Campana play in CF

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
if the Red Sox get rid of Bowden and Miller and get anything in return they've done well.. Bowden was overhyped and layed an egg everytime up with the big club. I saw him in Pawtucket and guy didn't even last 1/3 of the first inning without being shelled.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Byrd's bat looks slow to me and I think he may simply be washed up. We will find out. Either the Red Sox will get a nice hot streak out of him, or he'll wash out of baseball by the end of the year. If he can rebound, he'll help Boston.

Members online

Latest posts