Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 upper deck 20th buyback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have never seen it. So i would say it is a serious thread. This card is not on the Juan Gonzalez master list.

Because they don't actually exist.

This new member got a few backdoored sets from a "garage sale",
and player collectors here have been gobbling them up like their lives depend on it...:lol:

He has started to put a few on ebay to see what kind of interest he can generate.

I just figured since you post here all the time, and are constantly looking for hard to find Juan cards,
you'd have seen a 15+ page thread at some point...:lol:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
nitecrew.jpg

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I have the 2 Larkins. Whether they are legit or not is up for debate. I did find out that it was a product that was "intended" for release before UD lost it's license. So it does make sense that these could have possible been backdoored by someone. If you look close, the holograms do appear to be legit UD holograms. What that means??.... Who knows

10UpperDeck199020thAnniversaryBuybacks167BarryLarkin.jpg

10UpperDeck199020thAnniversaryBuybacks99TCBarryLarkin.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I have the 2 Larkins. Whether they are legit or not is up for debate. I did find out that it was a product that was "intended" for release before UD lost it's license. So it does make sense that these could have possible been backdoored by someone. If you look close, the holograms do appear to be legit UD holograms. What that means??.... Who knows

10UpperDeck199020thAnniversaryBuybacks167BarryLarkin.jpg

10UpperDeck199020thAnniversaryBuybacks99TCBarryLarkin.jpg

...........................Doo doo doo Lookin' out my back door

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
one strange question....................... why would they have a 90's product to celebrate their 20th anniversary?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
one strange question....................... why would they have a 90's product to celebrate their 20th anniversary?

Because these were supposed to be in 2010 Upper Deck. 1990-2010= 20 years

These were intended for the 20th anniversary of the 1990 set, not the 20th anniversary of the company, which was a year earlier.

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
didnt do hockey in 1989?? Its just my opinion on theses cards I really dont wanna dwell on it, it just seems ODD to me
nuff said
[h=3]Upper Deck Hockey's 20th Anniversary | Cards On Ice[/h]
Upper Deck hockey cards are twenty years old this year. This might make you ... Post tags: 1990-91 upper deck hockey, 20th anniversary, carter ashoton, david musil, Hockey ...

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I aint buyin that, sorry

You don't have too, but it is what they were intended for.

from the Beckett link you posted...

There will be 20th Anniversary signed buyback cards from the 1990 Upper Deck set.

Same sort of idea here, why did they include "20th anniversary" signed buybacks from the 1990 set in the 2010 set sell sheet?

They weren't to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the company, they were celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 1990 set. They were also celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first pack pulled certified auto as well.

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
so all theses should be floating around out there too??
– Also included will be Joe DiMaggio cut signature cards as well as 20th Anniversary Heroes art cards commemorating the first certified autograph, the 1990 Reggie Jackson Heroes card.
– There will be 20th Anniversary signed buyback cards from the 1990 Upper Deck set.
– There will be two Season Biography cards per pack — cards that will show highlights of every day from the 2009 season.
Get more information after the jump …

Inserts and Parallel Cards
– Base Set Gold Parallel — numbered to 99
– Upper Deck Portraits — 1:4
– Upper Deck Portraits black parallel — numbered to 99
– Season Biography – two cards in every pack
– DiMaggio Heroes cards
– 20th Anniversary Heroes Art Card — one per box
– All World
– All World Short Prints
– Pure Heat
– Pure Heat Short Prints
– 10th Anniversary 2000 UD Rookie Update Cards. On the 10th anniversary of the 2000 Upper Deck baseball set, the company looks back to create 20 additional Star Rookie subset cards that never made it to the set — including stars like Johan Santana and Michael Young.
Autograph Cards (one per box)
– Signature Sensations
– 20th Anniversary Heroes Art Card Signatures
Joe DiMaggio Cut Signature Cards
Memorabilia Cards (two per box)
– UD Game Jersey
– UD Game Jersey Patch- numbered to 25
Gary Sheffield A Piece of History 500 HR club Bat card

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts