Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

crazy kmart find...advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
So i stopped in to a kmart to buy a toothbrush. And i find (and buy) 10 rack packs of 2010 Bowman for $3 each.

Do i sell these or rip them? I never got to bust any when it came out. Anythinjg good/realistic besides harpers?

If i sell, what do i sell for?

All advice is welcome...thanks.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
well, if I could get $20 per rack, then I could easily resist ripping. I would have just paid $30 to get $200 (minus fees). Then I could buy something nice PC wise.

Would they go for that much? Anyone know?

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
As I recall these were very poor rips, the rack packs. Depending on profit from selling, I would lean towards selling instead of ripping.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Yeah, they don't really seem to sell that high. I'm going to put them up as a ten-pack lot with a BIN/BO. If they don't sell, I'll live rip 'em here.

I'm not going to look to see if a Harper or Strasburg or anything is peaking through the front/back, so I can't really sell them as 'guaranteed so-and-so' packs.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Isnt the reason they dont sell very high is the fact you can search them by simply moving the cards around and looking through the package? Which I am sure the lot you picked up had been searched to death.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
The ones I found were in a rural NY Kmart, and the card section had clearly not been perused or updated or stocked in what looks like years. They only had cards in boxes and packs that had been discounted via stickers, as mine had. sealedpacks.jpg

Nothing prior to 2010 was even there. A bunch of 2007 UD, 2009 UD and topps products. I grabbed a fully stocked rack of these.

I'm sure that they can be searched, but I have zero plans to do that. I recognize that mentioning that in an eBay listing isn't exactly a guarantee of anything, but I would never try to do that.

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Well guys, I'm ripping them tonight. I'll post the results on the Box Board as they happen.

Members online

Latest posts